July 30, 2018
I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE!!! this is so long im
sorry!! But i decided I'm gonna start typing daily so you guys are more aware
of what's goin on day by day! Hope you like this idea (:
Tuesday: today was such a great day!!! We
woke up and went for a run and got ready for the day, we did studies and I
ready a really good talk called "forget me not" by dieter f uchdorf!
Its super good and you should all read it (: then after all the typical studies
and lunch we decided to just go walk around Natick Today! I made it a goal to
talk to every person that I saw! And i was successful!! We talked to so many
people today!! And actually had really great conversations!! Which is rare
cause most times new Englanders just say "I'm all set" and either
walk away or shut the door. But today we talked to some painters, some guy
drove past us and turned around and came back and asked who we were, he said
that we have something different about us and that we glow. Needless to say he
is a Jehovah witness hah but we talked to many people and my comp just kept
saying how she had never seen someone so bold and just talking to every single
person but it makes being a missionary so much fun!! As we were walking back we
talked to a gal waiting for the bus and she told us her story. She is
overcoming a Heroin addiction and was having a really bad day. She needed
something to help and then we came along.. She is 21 days sober and I gave her
a big hug and said that is so amazing. I told her about chase and testified to
her that through the savior she can overcome this. She just started crying and
hugged me some more and said we were a god sent gift. We then went home and
cooled down cause it was 90° and 95% humidity so we're dripping then we had
dinner and afterwards just drove around then came home and did some missionary
boring work hah but today was such a great day!! I just had a change of
attitude and tried to stay positive and it helped so much!!
Wednesday: today was zone conference and it
was so much fun to be around other missionaries! We are there from about 8-1 so
it makes for a long day! We had some great training on diligence, humility,
obedience, and consecration. Its amazing to hear how strong some of the
missionaries testimonies are! Its weird because a lot of people have been out
for along time and die soon and so I feel like such a baby. And they all say it
goes so fast but I have such a hard time believing it!! Anyway after that we
came home and did studies! I read a talk called "good, better, and
best" you should read it! Also I encourage you to read your pat. Blessing
because I read mine almost everyday and it helps me so muxh!! Then we went to
dinner and I finally had a good ole juicy hamburger which I've been craving!!
So that was yummy! Then after dinner we tried stopping by some formers and had
no luck :( we barely talked to anyone today and sister okumura doesn't really
believe in street contacting or knocking doors so I get bummed:( so at every
red light if there was someone standing around I would jump out of the car and
run and give them a pass along card and then go back to the car cause I needed
to just talk to people!! I think it mad my comp mad but I need to have more
fun!!!!! So that's what I'm doin (; haha anyway that was my day!
Thursday: today was such a great day!!
Aweeee I love being a missionary and I have noticed that attitude is
everything!! We woke up and did the usual and then we went to Waltham and tried
talking to some of our potentials, Eric and Fritz but neither of them were
there.. We decided to drop Fritz. So that's a bummer. But then we went and this
was cool!! We prayed for a "mission family" who will help us in all
our missionary work and came up with the gilboy family well then we went to
correlation with the mission leader and we were just talking then we asked who
he thought should be the mission family and he said "I was thinkin the
Gilboys, what do you think?" INSPIRED!! well then we got dumped on with
rain and came home and did weekly planning and planned Chucks baptism and I'm
so pumped for him!! Then we made dinner and cookies for Chuck because he was in
the hospital yesterday :( after that we decided to try and just randomly stop
by Denise and she was home!! Finally after almost 3 weeks we were able to talk
to her and she is dealing with depression right now:( but we are still gonna
try and keep in contact with her but for now the baptism is off:( we then went
and had a lesson with Chuck and it was so so so good!! Chuck is amazing!! But
ya today was a great day!!
Friday: today was good! We had district
meeting and our district is still really struggling in fact we got a call
tonight and elder Johnson is going home tomorrow. He broke his leg on Monday
and decided to just go home, then the other elder, elder perkes is just really
struggling and so we are just continuing to pray for them and hope for the best
:( today we just did a lot of the boring missionary work stuff but then tonight
we are on exchanges again!! So I'm in Boston and it's the best! Wanna hear a
crazy miracle? As soon as we were getting off the bus i had a feeling that
hermana Pederson forgot the apartment keys and right then she said "sister
I just realized I forgot the keys!!" So we get to our place and both doors
are locked but we just seep a prayer and asked for the door to be unlocked and
she put a credit card between the door and the door opened!!! And it did that
with both doors!! Well sister Pederson has only 1 transfer left so she goes
home super soon but she has a boyfriend and he's serving in Austrilla and so we
accidentally stayed up till midnight talking about our lovers 😂😅 oops
it was so good though and she gave me some great pointers! Today was a
good day!
Saturday: so I was a hermana today(; because
sister Pederson is a Spanish missionary, I was for the day (; we went to an
appointment and we were there for 2 hours!! We just ate fruit and talked and I
didn't understand anything cause they were all speaking Spanish!! But it was
funny the one lady said I was so beautiful and asked if she could take me back
to Guatemala with her haha! She was such a nice lady!! But the rest of the day
was good then we got back from exchanges and I found out something.. so they do
this thing called return and report. After your first transfer you go to the
temple with all the new missionaries and mission pres and then go to lunch and
then meet with the mission pres to see how your first transfer went. Everyone
says this is the best!!! Well today we got a text and because of all the policy
changes we can no longer do that:( so I'm bummed about that.. but all is well!
Anyway being a missionary is full of ups and downs!! But it's good (:
Sunday: just a typical Sunday but Sister
okumura just cried all day hahah, we went to church and it was good and then
she got a blessing! Our friend Chuck came to church and he is dang good!!! Hah
but then after church we came back and ate dinner and then sister okumura slept
for like 2 hours then president mavromatis came over and talked with sister
okumura, and then we hung out the rest of the night so it was a super chill
day!! But I'm starting to love my ward and getting along with everyone and
finally starting to remember people so that's good!
I know you've wanted to hear more about
sister okumura and I. Things are good, I hope I get a new Comp, she doesn't
reslly like to have fun and she's kinda serious most of the time. I mean we get
a Long fine but I need more laughter and fun in my life haha!! But we get
transfer texts next week so we will see what happens! I dont think we will be
staying together haha but she's reslly struggling and I don't know how to help
her!! I've only been here for a month and I don't know what I'm doing either!!
But I'm trying my best!!
Love you guys and please let me know what you
think of the daily report idea!!
July 30,2018
Yoooo what's up everybody?!? I'm still just
livin the dream here in good ole Massachusetts! This week has been crazy!! We
have had a lot of policy changes so that's really hard! We are no longer
allowed to eat past 6 and can't ever be with other missionaries! So it's a
bummer :( I had my first zone conference and on top of all that one of the
elders in my district broke his leg on Monday and went home this week:( so it's
been a week! Man being a missionary is hard but it is so fun especially when
you stop to just think about all the little tender mercies the Lord gives
you! Anyway here is a little bit about what went on!
-Tuesday I made it a goal to talk to every
single person that i saw on the streets and wow did we talked to some
incredible people. And we had some really good conversations which is rare
because most New Englanders just say "I'm all set" and walk away or
shut the door! So it was fun just being bold and talking to everyone!! Even tho
my comp doesn't like doing that, but I'm trying to have more fun!!
-We barely talk to anyone I feel like because
sister okumura doesn't really believe in street contacting or tracting so I
kinda get bummed:( I was getting so bored and so I decided if we were at a red
light and stopped if there were people around, I would jump out of the car and
go give them a pass along card!! It was fun for me but I don't my comp enjoyed
the fact that I did that haha but I need to talk to more people!!! So I'm tryin
my best ;)
- we finally got to talk to our friend
Denise!!! We've been trying to get a hold of her for the past 3 weeks and
haven't had any success so we decided to just stop by and she was home!! So we
talked to her for about a half hour and she's really struggling:(
No comments:
Post a Comment