September 24, 2018
Monday: the rest of our evening we were gonna
go out to work but sister proenca had a break down and was in a lot of pain..
Her hip has been killing her today so we went and met up with the senior couple
and she got a blessing then they told her to come home and rest.. so we ended
up having to cancel our lesson with Julian:( we were looking at our teaching
pool and seriously it's hard... We are being obedient and doing everything we
can and nothing is coming out of it.. but what do ya do! We will be Okay! Love
you guys and it was so good talking to you today π
Tuesday: so today it hit me that I really am
gaining weight and my face is getting fat!! So I just got done doing a hardcore
workout and I'm beat hah! Anyway today was a really good day! We went and
stopped by dorthy and she said she was busy right then but she said "I
miss my Friday visit last week" so that's a good sign! Anyway we stopped
by a few other people and then we went to the doctors for sister p. Her toe
nail is dead and then her hip has been hurting Her, We were at urgent care for
about 3 hours!! And then got no information out of it... π¬ anyway then we went
and visited Mary, she's in the nursing home and it was her birthday so we took
her cake and a card! And she loved it, but then she tried getting us to say we
were family so she could get a cigarette to go smoke, we were like what the
heck?! Anyway we decided to drop her.. she s not ready for change.. then we had
dinner at the Mannis and they are seriously the best!!!! I just love them so
much! She made us some juicy delicious cheeseburgers, Apple crisp with homemade
vanilla bean whipped cream, and peanut butter cupcakes to go, We get so spoiled
over there! We will definitely have to go see them when we visit after the
mission! Then we had a lesson with Julian in Starbucks, we were gonna teach the
law of chastity but decided that wasn't the place to be talkin about sexual
purity haha and so we decided not to but man he is such a talker!! We barely
get a lesson in!! But ya that was pretty much our day, it was Good! Love
you!
Wednesday: geepers what a day... in the
middle of the night last night I woke up with super bad chest pains and
couldn't breath but then partially fell back asleep, this morning when I woke
up my head was spinning (Not a headache) but legit spinning, I tried walking
and you would think I was drunk!!! So I went back to sleep for about an hour
and just woke up with a huge migraine.. but I decided to work it off (; so we
went and had a Samoan breakfast at a members and then we had a few
appointments! They went good, then we tracted and we picked up 3 people!! But
they all seem pretty flaky... so guess we will see. Then tonight we had a
lesson with Lou. Carlos didn't come up for it and then we thought Lou was done
smoking but he admitted he is still smoking half a pack a day... man we just
don't know what to do with him.. anyway it was an okay day.. I have just been
super dizzy and had a migraine.. Idk what's going on but it was fun we had
jomayrie, a member who is getting ready to submit her papers come out with us
all day today and so she got to experience a full day of being a real
missionary! Well love you guys, sorry today was boring to read i just can't
think anymore h ahah, I'm sorry NO BOOBIN!!! I'm fine ππ
Thursday: today was a great day!! Sister
proenca was butt hurt when I reminded her we had to exercise this morning it
was funny π so I'm making sure we are staying obedient!! My studies were
reslly good today! It all related back to charity and loving those we serve,
and it was really good to just have a reminder that in order to change and
become more christlike we have to have charity and without charity we are
nothing. Anyway after that we went to the library for a conversation circle to
help others learn English but no one showed up haha anyway then we just kinda hung
around the house, did comp study, stake call, for our apartment inspected, and
started weekly planning! Then we went and had a lesson with Dorthy, and she is
the cutest old lady! We found out she s 80 and we literally thought she was 60!
Well we got her to understand the importance of the book of Mormon and it
really made sense to her! So that was good, but it was an off lesson for me, I
couldn't get the right words out so I was frustrated after. I just wanna be a
perfect teacher but I can't.. haha but there is always more to learn and ways
to improve. Then we had dinner, we had whoppie pies for dessert, they are
famous here in New England, so good!!! Then we knocked some doors, got preached
to by a Jehovah's witness, it was hilarious!! and then came home and finished
weekly planning, really good day!!
Friday: holy cow what a day!!!!! First off,
im getting transferred, unbelievable!! I just got here! But we will get there
(; so this day started out like normal then we went to district meeting and oh
boy this was odd. The elder who was giving the training started off with this..
he said "so today I wanted to start off by sharing a parable. This is
about a girl named Kassie, her hair was about the same color as sister Smoots
and I'm not gonna lie she was very pretty" we all just got silent like
what the heck is going on!! Well needless to say he went on to share this and
it was just very weird and he is always opening my car door and I just don't
like it at all, so good thing I am moving!!! So after that we went and did some
service! We helped a member clear out one of her rooms that was full of junk...
We got errr done but everybfing was covered in mice poop... it was bad... do
after that we felt like we needed to come home and shower, so we came back showered
got ready then went to chic fil a for some dinner and then we were on our way
to a lesson with Michael and I look down at my phone and I have an email
notification.. I look at it and I was called to be an STL, I was freaking
out!!! Then sister proenca got one so we thought we'd be staying together and
be STLs but then about an hour later transfer texts come in and we are the last
area to be announced... needless to say our names popped up and I am headed to
Ashford conneticut and sister proenca is headed to Brockton! We both just
started crying because we couldn't believe we were both leaving and being STLs
:( so there is not gonna be any sisters in the ward and I'm afraid they are
going to be crushed... first sisters here in 20 years and last ones for
probably a while.. Well then we had a great lesson with Michael tonight and put
him on date for Jan 12!! He is such a solid kid and is doing this all by
himself. After the lesson we went and said goodbye to the Mannis and we all
just started crying... :( I've never felt a friendship form so fast and so deep
then I have with them over the past few weeks so that was really hard but they
will be okay! I just love this area and I am reslly sad to leave but I know the
Lord has something else in mind! Pray for me because I am so nervous!!! But
love you guys π
Saturday: geepers what a day! Well we woke up
late this morning... We both couldn't sleep great last night because we were
kinda stressed about the change and we don't even remember the alarm going
off.. so that happened and then we got ready did some things and then we walked
5 miles to the library lol.. We have no miles to drive anywhere. So we went
there and had to type up a report for the elders so they know who we are
teaching and working with and then we got back home about 5 and ate dinner then
tonight we wrote thank you cards, started cleaning up our apartment and just
getting ready for the transfers on Wednesday! Its gonna be a few hectic days!
But anyway that was my day and time is moving fast! Love you guys π by the way
mom.. just when I thought your 10 minute prayers were bad, mine are turning
into a solid 15 minutes!!! Lol so much to be grateful for! With this being
said, mom and dad as well as you kayhyloo with Blake, I challenge you to (if you
aren't doing so already) pray together as a couple every night output before
you go to bed. Will you do that?
Sunday: what a dsy!! I don't have much time
to write but wow when you read my weekly you will understand what made today so
great! Everybfing wiyh Michael happened today and he is so incredible!! That's
reslly all I have time to write about!!
But I love you guys so much and I can't
believe it's pday again alreadt!! There is so muxh to talk about!! Today we are
going to the basketball hall of fame, then bowling, and then to shondas to make
food and do laundry! So it's gonna be a fun day!! I love you guys so much and
appreciate all that you do for me! I hope you had a great weekπ
Also!! I've been uploading all my pictures
and videos to my drive so make sure to check it out! K?!
September 24, 2018
Man oh man as I type this email my heart is
so full of love. This week has gone by fast but I have been able to see so many
miracles!! To start off I have unfortunate news, I guess the Lord only needed
sister proenca and I in this area for a short 6 weeks, I am being transfered to
Ashford CT and have been called to be an STL, I am a little nervous but for the
most part pretty excited! I am so sad to leave this ward and these wonderful
people behind but I have made so many long lasting friendships. As I said this
week has been full of so many miracles!! I will write about a couple of
them.
- we had a lesson with Dorthy this week and
we were able to teach her about the importance of the Book of Mormon and it
clicked for her!! She said she has always been told just to read but never
understood why but now she relazies how important it is! It's crazy to see the
change in her, she went from not really wanting us to come back to wanting us
to come over every week to teach her more. She is such a sweet lady and I'm
sure gonna miss her π
-Julian is still progressing and continuing
to meet with us! The other day in our lesson he said "I wanna get baptized
right now" we told him let's do it!! And then he backed down and said he's
not ready to committ... but we have been able to build such a great friendship
wiyh him and one day he will baptized!!
-West was someone we met a while back and he
has been driving across the country and decided to stop by the church (he has
been less active for 15 years) we got to know him and spend time with him and
we found out that he didn't believe in God and only believed in science.. We
tried helping understand that there was a God and we weren't getting anywhere
and just argued. Well then he left and headed back to New Mexico, this weekend
we got a text from him saying he has been thinking about us and he has been
worried about us but he has been praying to heavenly father more than 4 times a
day and said "I know that Heavnly Father is watching out for you and he is
going to take care of you" and just wanted to thank us for helping him
find his way back and yesterday we got another text saying that he made it to
church once again. It's so cool seeing the way heavenly father places people in
your life. Now West is trying to find himself and has a belief in God.
Crazzyyyy!!!
-the biggest miracle of this week, we have
been teaching a members step son, his name is Michael and he's so awesome. On
Fridsy we had such a powerful lesson with him and we were able to set a baptism
date with him. He told us that he had a problem with smoking weed and that he
wasn't ready to change quite yet. This kid is unbelievable though!! He reads
the Book of Mormon 3 times a day and prays and even goes and sits outside the
temple once a week. Well when he told us about his problem we told him to pray
for his desires to change and that he will be given the strength to overcome
these things. Well Sunday after sacrament he pulled us into a room to talk
about a special experience he had on Saturday night. After he got off work he
decided to get high and he said it was the worst time he's ever had. He went
over to a friends house and his boss was there and he called him out on it. He
felt dumb and just felt like he was such a loser. He left and as he was driving
home he got pulled over for running a stop sign, the cop asked for his license
and registration and as the cop went to go check on everything Michael said he
said a prayer and was just so worried. When the cop came back the cop asked
"are you high? Is there weed in the truck?" And he told the officer
yes. The cop told him, "im gonna let you go this timd but get out of here
and get rid of it." As Michael drove off he realized that heavenly Father
was watching out for him. With tears in his eyes at this point he said, "I
decided I was done. I was sick of this and I want to change. So i took my bowl
and everything and i just threw it out the window." He started bawling and
just said he couldn't thank us enough for what we have done for him and that we
were able to change his life. He has came so far!! The first Sunday we met him,
we asked if we could set up a time to meet with him and he said no but with
time he finally excepted a visit from us and here we are now!!
I have decided that missionary work truly is
the best and this gospel can change people's lives. I have been able to see
this over the past months and especially this transfer. I am on cloud 9 because
seriously heavenly father is just the greatest. He has such a deep love for
each of us and I know that to be true. So that's my challenge to each of you
this week, strengethen your relationship with heavenly father by praying and
reading the book of mormon, so that when you feel like life is hard and when
you feel like giving up you will not give in. Because you will be reminded of
the pains and sorrows that Christ suffered for you and most importantly for the
love heavenly father has for his children. I know without a doubt in my heart
that heavenly father knows each of you, he knows you by name and he loves you
so deeply. and like president Monson said,
"That love never changes. It is there
for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there
for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always
there."
I hope all of you had an amazing week. Also
pumped because we get to meet with a general authority this weekend!! Anyway I
love you guys and always remember.. keep on keepin onπ
Xoxo. Sista Smoot
P.s. here is my new address: 149 Ashford
Center Rd. Apt#C6, Ashford CT. 06278
No comments:
Post a Comment