July 8, 2019
Hello!!! This week went in a blink of an eye,
yet somehow I always learn so much! I am so beyond grateful for my mission and
all the experiences I've had. I'm gonna keep it short today because not too
much happened!
To start off the week, we had 2 zone
confernces that we had to give trainings at. It was a little scary knowing the
whole mission was going to be trained by 2 crazy read heads but it went really
well. It was all focused on the fact that what you have is enough in the eyes
of God, that being yourself and natural is going to bring joy into the work,
and that there is power in being you!
We had an extended exchange with the Boston
sisters, and got to spend 2 nights with them, which means we got to spend the
4th of July in Boston!! It was such a blast! We went to Boston Burger Company
in downtown Boston, I guess it's a really well known burger place. I got
"the king" burger. It was a burger with peanut butter, fried banana,
cinnamon, and sugar. It was actually SO DELICIOUS!
Most of the people we are teaching are still
progressing very well! I am so grateful that through their diligence in keeping
our commitments they are starting to recognize the spirit play a role in their
life.
Just a cool little miracle I wanted to share.
We are teaching someone named Anand and he is from India and we were just
thinking how great it would be if we could get him some solid fellowshippers.
Well then today someone new walks into church and his name is Harri, he is a
member and just moved here from India. God is wayyyyy too good!
Spiritual:
As I have been studying more about repentance
and Christ's Atonement these 2 quotes stuck out to me.
-Driven by faith, repentance is the single
most important principle to live in order to make the Savior’s Atonement
effective and meaningful in our lives.
-We need erasers, and, fortunately, our mistakes are not written in ink—just pencil—and can be totally erased.
-We need erasers, and, fortunately, our mistakes are not written in ink—just pencil—and can be totally erased.
This week something hit me, it's easy to beat
ourselves up for what we aren't doing and often times forget to give ourself
credit for the things we are doing. As humans we are so hard on ourselves but
always remember that it you are doing everything you can, that is enough and
God will accept that!
Hope you all had a wonderful week and will
continue to recognize that God loves you, and he will always reach out in small
and simple ways to show that.
Keep on keepin on.
Xoxo. Sister Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment