Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 52 -1 year down?!


June 10, 2019

My oh my how the time keeps flying. To be brief this honestly has been the best year of my life, I have met the most spectacular people, made the best memories, and of course grown so much. 
I know I say this every week but I really mean it, THIS WEEK WAS SO GOOD!! God is way too good to us and blessed us with 8 new friends this week and we had 8 people at church! The miracles are happening here in Marlborough and I'm so blessed to be here. 
So much goodness this week that I don't even know where to begin. 

HIGHLIGHTS: 
-We went over the baptismal interview questions with Ashley this week and she is so ready to get baptized! 
- Sheryl came to church this week!! She loved it, said it was very different from any other church she's been to but she really enjoyed her time there! 
- Nicole and Wagner are the greatest. We just knew we couldn't give up getting in contact with them and we finally did this week. They came over to dinner at a members, we had another lesson with them, and they came to church! They truly have a desire to turn their life around and want the gospel to be apart of their lives. I love them 
- Bruce is someone we started teaching this week, we had a lesson, gave him a church tour, and he also came to church. He is hilarious and I wish I had a quote book for him.
      •Teaching him about baptism and authority and he says, "I baptized someone once.. I think it was a mistake. I hope he is okay" 
       •After the musical number in scarament he clapped and he looks over st Brother Foster and says, "no one claps here....." with a scared look on his face. He is a funny guy 
-We met a cool guy named Chris, he is super interested in our religion and we gave him some of the resding material and last night we got a picture of him reading from it. Love it when this happens!
-Sadly we didn't get to see Wen Yu this week, she was sick. Julian had graduation and Lucille decided she doesn't want to meet us anymore because now is not the time for her :( we were super sad about that. 

FUN FACTS: 
-being companions with another red head is so much fun and no one believes us when we say we grew up across the street from eachother, took ap calc together, and sang primary songs together all growing up. 
-don't use car washes here, we spent $22 bucks.. how ridiculous!! 
- dance parties + muddy buddies ft. Sister young is always a blast. 10/10 recommend 
-saw my dream dirtbike.. CRF250R. We chatted with the owner, I almost took a ride (; 

SPIRITUAL: 
-this week I loved learning abour Elijah when he appears at the Kirtland temple to restore the sealing power. How blessed are we that we have the power to bind families here on earth and in Heaven💛
-God's purpose is US!! He wants us to be happy and find joy. 
-"Be the best you can at being good" God does not ask perfection out of us, he asks us to just try our hardest. 
-"primary answers are the answers to every life question" 

Oh how great it is to be apart of the greatest work on earth. I owe my Savior everything and I truly do love Him. 
Till next week, keep on keepin on. 
Xoxo. Sister Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment