Sunday, October 27, 2019

Week 6 - Geepers this week went by so fast!!


July 16, 2018

Geepers this week went by so fast!! I feel like I blinked and it was already pday! It was a good week full of many miracles!

On Tuesday  we spent our whole day in Waltham and we were having problems with our GPS so we decided to just get out and walk around, when we got out we noticed this girl sitting on the porch and we went and talked to her. She said that her dad was actually searching for a church so she ran inside and got him and he invited us in so we taught him for about 30 min and then he invited us back again to teach him! And he is so excited to read the BOM! We are meeting with him this week and I'm super excited! 

So on Wednesday we went over to a families house that just moved here from England and we walked in and for those of you who don't know, I hate fish..... so we walk in and they were serving fish!! I had no clue what to do and so I just sat there for a second but then she looked at us and in her British accent said, "is something wrong?" And I said uhhh I don't eat fish and she got offended and said, "well you could have told me instead of saying you were allergic to avocados." Needless to say I learned real quick that I need to get over the fact that I don't like sea food or I might offend some people!! On the real though, we get fed dinner every night and I'm afraid I'm going to gain some weight!! 

So we had exchanges this week and I went to Boston!! It was so much fun but the people are so crazy!! This guy came over and started smoking and saying lots of crazy stuff to us and the cops came over and asked him to leave and it was so crazy!! But it was fun!! We went and taught a kid in the hospital and it was so cool!! This 17 year old boy has a deep love for football but he got a heart problem and was no longer able to play and I could totally relate to him and we were able to teach him the restoration and it was just super cool and the most I've talked in a lesson! 

Anyway so our friend Denise was on date for July 28 but we have not been able to get a hold of her for 2 weeks.. so we don't know what's going on with her but it's really sad and I can see how things like this make a mission hard.. you learn to love these people and you know how much the gospel could help them and then something happens.. 
but on a bright note, our investigator Chuck is pretty awesome!! He is on date for Aug 11, but we are probably going to move that up because he is progressing so fast!! We had the best lesson with him and the spirit was so strong!! Its people like him that make the mission so enjoyable!! Seeing him in sacrament with a big smile on his face just makes your heart so happy! The mission is the best!!

I hope everyone is doing good and living life to it's fullest!! I challenge each of you to read "Knowing that we know" by Douglas Callister and really think about where your testimony is at! Everyone keep on keepin on!! Love you guys! 
Xoxo. Sista Smoot 
(also no pictures this week.. :( )



No comments:

Post a Comment