September 30, 2019
Wanna know what's better than being a
missionary? Absolutely nothing. Hello hello and once again I'm not sure how
another week has come and gone.
There were so many experiences that helped my
testimony grow this week.
One, I love the priesthood. We got a random
call from someone visiting from Texas and she said that her husband had surgery
and needed a blessing. How incredible that you can go almost anywhere in the
world and receive a priesthood blessing. You can open the gates of Heaven and
witness Christ's healing power, it's such a beautiful miracle!
Another thing I learned is that Heavenly
Father really does take our weakness and magnifies them into something greater
and turns them into strengths. My whole mission I have really struggled with
teaching and always feel like I'm not going to have the knowledge or right
thing to say. It's something I've constantly been working to overcome and this
week I realized that I actually love teaching now and have so many things I
want to share and want to always be talking! It's crazy how the Lord can help
you in ways you didn't think he could.
Last but not least, another lesson I learned
this week is that the Worlds standards and God's standards are no where close
to eachother. I often times will tell myself "well it could be worse and I
could be doing this" but really, we should be holding ourselves to the
Lord's standards and not the Worlds.
Now onto the updates in the work!
-Jeff and Ky are still doing so well!! This
week we told them I might be leaving and they said "well we want to finish
the conversion with both of you here, so let's make it happen" THEY WANT
TO BE BAPTIZED!!! It made my heart so happy.
-I don't know if you remember the boy I
talked about, Forvinski, we stopped by this week and he was so excited to show
us what he did. He took the picture of Christ out of the Book of Mormon and
taped it to his wall. We got to teach him about Joseph Smith and the
Restoration.
- We met someone new this week, Gene, and he
is a straight legend! He is really eager to learn more. He walked us back to
the bus station afterwards and blasted some Jesus music on his speaker on the
way there. He officially has a "The sisters" playlist on
YouTube.
Well that all for now, gotta go have some fun
in Boston while I can.
I'm looking forward to General Conference
this weekend, y'all better tune in!
Love you all and always remember to keep
fighting the good fight and smilin!
Xoxo. Sister Smoot
Tip of the day: Pancake runs are the best
things ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment