July 29, 2019
Hello hello my wonderful family and
friends!
Well, another week down and the days just
keep flying by faster and faster. Something I love about serving here in Boston
is there is about 7 companionships that cover this area and we often see each other
around. It's so great to see other missionaries out there workin hard and to
see that we truly are working together to gather Israel. It really does make it
feel like a team work effort.
This week, as always, was a wild one! Stay
tuned for some short updates/ highlights!
- we were able to set a baptismal date with
our friend Zainab! She is incredible and keeps mentioning how she wants to be
baptized for herself and no one else. August 24th is comin up quick!
- we are teaching this cute black lady and
her name is Nancy! She is getting married this weekend (on a huge ship) and we
went and helped her make boutiners and bouquets and oh boy let's just say
that's deifinetly not for me, I was strugglin so bad 😂 but super pumped
because we get to go to her wedding!
-This week we got a bible referral and we
went and delivered the bible to her, introduced the Book of Mormon and she was
really feeling the spirit as we had a powerful discussion. We were super
excited to start teaching her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Well we are on
the bus headed back and we get a text from her saying that we decieved her and
not to contact her again. That was pretty disappointing :( but it
happens.
I had the funnest exchange this week! I went
with Sister Costa, she is in the Portugese program and let me tell you, we had
the time of our life! There is nothing better than dancing with 12 year olds,
ballin up with Jehovah Witnesses, and finding a $5 dollar bill
on the ground. So I gotta tell you, it was so funny as I was takin a few shots
this car drove by and rolls the window down and says, "I was about to sign
you for the Celtics but then I saw that.... and *shakes his head" So ive
decided I should probably just stick to preaching the gospel😉
Honestly, I know a lot more happened this
week like MLC and service at the Greater Boston Food bank but other than that
the days just blend together and I can't tell ya what else happened. So here's
a few of the spirtiual things i learned this week.
I read an incredible article about someone
who decided that he wanted to make things right before God and that it didn't
matter what others thought of him. Though he had gone through many different
things and felt at times that he was too far gone he said,
-"even though I had stumbled, the race wasn't lost"
-"even though I had stumbled, the race wasn't lost"
I know that the race never is lost. We are on
a journey through life and all god ever asks of us is that we don't give
up.
- In another talk I read this week It stated
“i recently heard someon say, "It is okay to have doubts.”
I wonder about that. The Lord said, “Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.” I have a lot of questions; I don’t have any doubts."
I wonder about that. The Lord said, “Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.” I have a lot of questions; I don’t have any doubts."
Do you have questions or are your
doubting?
I wish I could fully express myself about how
much I love this gospel and the way it's changed my life. Everyday I wake up
feeling so grateful for another opportunity that I have to serve my
Svaior.
Sometimes I like to think I have way too much
fun on my mission, but hey it's meant to be that way, right?? So for the rest
of you, always remember to keep smiling, having fun, and trusting in the Lord,
it's the best way to live!
Love y'all!
Xoxo. Sister Smoot
Here is my address by the way:)
19 Ackley place #2 Jamaica Plain MA
02130
No comments:
Post a Comment