November 19, 2018
Tuesday: I have another bad headache tonight
so I'm gonna hit the hay.. but today was such a great day!!! If you wanna see
why, check out all my videos on the drive! It was such a solid Day! Did lots of
service, cleaned cat ladies house, and had a dinner with a non member and a
solid lesson with alex!! But goodnight 💛
Wednesday: today we woke up and worked out
but then I still had a headache so I went back to sleep till I had to get
ready, then we planned, did studies and I read about korihor in Alma 30 and
it's such a good story, you gotta check it out!! But then we did comp study and
ate Lunch, bundled up and hit the road! We were supposed to have a lesson with
Jen but she was busy packing and so she didn't have time to meet, but she did
tell she downloaded The Book of Mormon so that's awesome! We did find out that
she's moving to New York in 9 days though :( so that's a bummer! We then we're
supposed to meet with Brianna but she never answered the door, missionary life
LOL. We then went to stop by a potential, her name is Gina and a miracle
happened! We rang the doorbell a couple times but no one answered. Just then we
got a phone call so we answered, talked for a minute, and right when we got
done a bus pulled up. Man walked out and we asked if he knew the lady that
lived there, he said yes that it's his wife and that they are all set. We asked
if we could help him carry in his groceries and he gladly accepted. When we
went into their house we were able to start teaching him and his wife! They're
both looking for a church and they're super excited to learn more! If we hadn't
been in the right place at the right time and received the phone call we would
have never met him. I know that the Lord is in the details of all of our lives,
that He is helping us with His work, and that His timing is perfect! It was
such an incredible experience! We then stopped by a few more people and then
went to correlation with bro fountain! Ate some dinner, then went and had a
lesson with Diane! She is so awesome, I love her so much! I think I say that
every time, but my Love Grows for her every time we're with her! We then went
and talked to a couple in our Ward, the Baers! So here's the story, she's a
member and he is not. Everyone always tells him he needs to get baptized, but
unfortunately he won't do it! But we went over tonight and he is hilarious! He
reminds me a lot like Bill Smoot, he's awesome and so is she! That was pretty
much our day, it was really good! It is getting super cold here though. I'm
going to freeze this winter! Wish me luck! Love you❣
Thursday: man I'm just livin the dream right
now! As I'm typing this I'm eating a warm brownie, drinkin some cold milk, and
watchin the snow come down!! Yahhhhh, can you believe that.. it's snowing!!!!!
It's already snowed about 6 inches, unbelievable!! But I'm so excited for the
snow, I'm just gonna freeze! But man today was such a good day!! We had the
usual morning, and then we went and had a lesson with Katie and Russell and
taught them the 10 commandments, it actuslly went pretty good! I tried calling
russell out on his coffee problem but he won't admit to it.. it's annoying..
but then we came back and made some lunch, let's just say I can now make a mean
tortilla! They are so good, we use corn tortillas and we mix eggs, ham,
peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and seasonings... so good!! But then we started
weekly planning away and that went pretty good, we got a lot done.. it always
takes so long!! But sad news :( Kelly (shurns girlfriend, the one who gave me
the license plate) she text us today and said she's not interested anymore :(
so that's a bummer:( and like 7 other people we are teaching won't text us
back.. but thats just missionary work lol. After we got done with all that, We
went and ate some steak at the Owens! It was delicious 😋 then sister Owen came
wiyh us and went and had a "lesson" with Jim, hes our new friend! He
is 7th day Adventist and very intelligent!! Needless to say, We didn't talk
that whole lesson, I'll just put it this way.. He is a talker!! But very nice 😊
we then came home and made some brownies, took some cute pics, and then had a
video face time lesson with Justin and it went really good! He opened up to us
and we talked a lot about his concerns and helped him out a lot! He did tell us
that he pretty much received an answer that our church is true.. so that's pretty
cool!! But ya that was pretty much our day, it twas a good one!!
Friday: sooooo I got to drive the elders
Tacoma (; that was pretty cool!! Haha other than that, it was just another day!
We had district council, and it was really good!! It was all about how we need
to find answers to questions in the book of Mormon! Then we left and went to
lunch and ate at jersey mikes, they have such good subs! Delicious 😋 then we
drove to Uccon and did some daily contact and then tried to do studies but I
get so distracted!! This was cool though, I went to go get a drink and there
was a guy standing there and he's like "are you a missionary?" I was
like "sure am!" And long story short he's been interested in learning
more about the Mormon religion, so I went and got him a book of mormon and he
said hed text us! (They never do though haha) but then we had a lesson with
Allen and that went good as usual! Then we went and ate a little dinner then
Greg cancelled on us :( we came and tried to see Pam again but set up an
appointment for Monday night! Then we planned exchanges tonight and holy we are
going to be so busy, it's not even funny!! But it was a good longggggg
day!
Saturday: just one of those days where I wish
I was home. Went to the doctors for my headaches this morning and she put me on
topamax, hopefully this helps because a constant headache of 3 months isn't
fun:( but then I just got real sad because it sucks not feelin good bein away
from home and still pushing yourself.. but it's Okay! No time for boobin!!!
Glad I got some meds and I know they are gonna help, plus a reslly high chance
of weight loss while taking them sooooo that's the prayer (; but today we saw 2
major miracles! First we had a really good lesson with John and we were able to
set a baptismal date with him for Dec 22 and he seems really excited for it!
Soo that was really awesome! Then we were going to stop by a potential but when
we got there we saw on the record they moved... so we figured we were led here
for a reason and sure enough we were!! We knocked the door next to the guy we
were planning on seeing and a guy in a cummins sweatshirt opened up and so we
immediately became friends!! Needless to say that's his last name and he is a
really cool guy, his name is Zach and we started teaching him!! So even though
we didn't see who we were planning on seeing, We saw who the Lord was planning
on us seeing! So that was really cool (: after that we went and visitrd with a
less active her name is darlene and she is older, a smoker, but very kind!! She
is super sad and lonely though:( we reslly cheered her up though and helped her
and she wants us to come back so that's always a good sign (: then on our way
home we had a good jam and then tonight I was flossing and my bottom permanent
retainer broke off... ughhhhhh just another thing to worry about. I'm
frustrated so I gotta go get that fixed on Monday. I'm just frustrated tonight
so it's time to hit the hay lol.
Saturday: lol sorry for my anger last night!
But today was a day full of miraclez!!! Believe it or not it was such a great
day! First off, We laid in bed till about 7 lol and that was nice but wow
church was amazing today!! We finally got a bishop so that's nice, it's only
taken 2 months (; but Allen was able to come and so was john! But then get
this!! Scott Sampson came!!!! So we've been trying to see him for about 2
months and finally gave up but he showed up to church today with his
girlfriend, so that was really cool!! Plus in gospel principles he volunteered
to say the opening prayer!! But then we were walking out and president Hutchins
stopped and said there was a couple and there baby in the back who decided to
walk into church today, so we went and talked to them and they are looking to
find a church so that's cool too, see what I mean by miraclezzzzz?! But they
don't want to meet yet, they just wanna see how it church goes! So they might
be back next week (: other miraclez we saw was when we were tracting tonight we
found a new friend Tammy who has 3 kids and she incited us back and then
beatrus let us in her house tonight and let us chat for a while, she was a nice
lady! But it was a solid day! Can't belive it's already pday again, although
this week dis go a little slower!
Questions for you!
-what is your medical background with
migraines and headaches? Does it run in the family?
To send: when you send my next package,
wondering if you could send my Boggs (my hunter boots don't keep my feet warm
at all), Honda sweatshirt, light grey zip up, sugar bear hair vitamins, I had
some more cards, and then last mom could you possibly look up thermal garments?
Have you heard anything about them?
Christmas ideas? Cute cream beanie
Remind me to ask you about brother Allred and
Maddox!! Love ya!💛
November 19, 2018
Hello lovelies!
Geepers it has been one of those weeks,
that's for sure! On the bright side, the lord has truly blessed us and we saw
so many miracles this week!!
MIRACLES
-Alex is still progressing really well,
slowly but surely! We had a really good lesson with him this week and it was
funny at first he said he only had 30 minutes to spend with us but it turned
out to be an hour and a half! We mentioned the word baptism and he stopped us
and said wait i want to talk about baptism, i really want to get baptized but im
not exactly sure what church yet, i think its with you guys but im not ready to
commit yet, but we know we will get him to! The Lord has been preparing him
over the years!!
-Earlier this week we went to stop by a
potential, her name is Gina and a miracle happened! We rang the doorbell a
couple times but no one answered. Just then we got a phone call so we answered,
talked for a minute (which allowed us to hangout on the porch a little longer),
and right when we got done a bus pulled up. A man walked out and we asked if he
knew the lady that lived there, he said yes that it's his wife and that they
are all set. We asked if we could help him carry in his groceries and he gladly
accepted. When we went into their house we were able to start teaching him and
his wife! They're both looking for a church and they're super excited to learn
more! If we hadn't been in the right place at the right time and received the
phone call we would have never met him. I know that the Lord is in the details
of all of our lives, that he is helping us with His work, and that his timing
is perfect! It was such an incredible experience!
-We had a really good lesson with John and we
were able to set a baptismal date with him for Dec 22 and he seems really
excited for it! Soo that was really awesome!
-Saturday night we went to go stop by a
potential but when we got there we saw on the record they moved... so we
figured we were led here for a reason and sure enough we were!! We knocked the
door next to the guy we were planning on seeing and a guy in a cummins
sweatshirt opened up and so we immediately became friends!! Needless to say
that's his last name and he is a really cool guy, his name is Zach, he offered
us some mtn. dew, and in return we offered him the gospel and he accepted!!! So
even though we didn't see who we were planning on seeing, We saw who the Lord
was planning on us seeing! Hes a super dude!
-We have been trying to see someone named
Scott Sampson for about 2 months now and finally gave up, but on Sunday him and
his girlfriend decided to just show up!! It was amazing and he even volunteered
to say the opening prayer in gospel principles and had some amazing comments!
So as soon as his life slows down, we will get him into the font;) On top of
them coming to church, we also had another couple decide to just walk into
church to try it out and see what they thought about it and they said they
would be back next week, so that was really a miracle!
HIGHLIGHTS
- It dumped snow here in CT this week!
About 7 inches in a couple of hours, it was pretty crazy but man was I pumped!
I love the Snow, but it sure makes me wanna strap on a board and go ride but I
feel pretty blessed to be serving the Lord this year:)
-I gotta drive the elders Tacoma, that was
pretty sick!! even though it wasnt a diesel, it was pretty sick;)
SPIRITUAL
Well with thanksgiving coming up i was going
to list 24 things i was grateful for but I don't have any time left tonight! So
I want each of you to send me one thing you are grateful for!!!
Have a great week and don't eat too much
turkey!! Happy thanksgiving!
Keep on keepin on❣
Xoxo. Sista Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment