December 17, 2018
Whats up everybody?! Well another week here
in Ashford and it looks like I will be staying here for another 6 weeks with
Sister Ussery! I am super excited and I know that this is exactly where the
Lord needs me to be. Well it was a rough week and to be honest I thought
more people would be receptive to hearing a message about Jesus Christ this
time of year but it seems like there's just more of those "I'm all
set" kind of people this time of year.. haha. What do ya do? ya just keep
on keepin on!
THE WORK:
I have some unfortunate news:( John was
planning on getting baptized this Saturday but as we were going through the
baptismal interview questions with him, we found out that there are some
unresolved concerns, so it will have to be pushed back which we are all super
sad about it, him included :( We were in a lesson with him over the weekend and
for those of you who don't know i love my chocolate and so i made him a deal
that i would go all week without eating chocolate if he would go without coffee
and vaping, he agreed! I then decided that I could sacrifice more than
that so I am not eating any kind of sweets for the next week.. MERRY
CHRISTMAS!! It'll be worth it :)
We have been working with a less active
Brother Kennedy and he is amazing!! He hit 90 days sober this week, hasn't
smoked for 7 days, been reading the Book of Mormon everyday and is preparing to
come back to church and partake of the sacrament and one day enter the temple.
I have never met someone who is so excited about the gospel and it is the
cutest thing!
Diane is doing great and still excelling in
the gospel! The other night when we were at her house it was the cutest thing
she said, "I'm coming to Utah to go to the temple with you guys" she
wants to come visit us and meet our families and receive her endowments in
Utah so that we can be there with her and it just made my heart so happy to see
the path that she is on! The gospel truly can change anyone's life... that
is, if they let it! We have to let the Savior into our lives, if we don't.. no
change can ever occur.
SPIRITUAL:
This week we had the opportunity to do
the 12 days of Christmas for 2 families and I just want to testify that I know
when we let go of ourselves and focus outward on helping others and helping
them find joy in the busy Christmas season it WILL bring happiness, peace, and
joy into our own lives. I challenge each of you this week to watch this
video
And prayerfully think of one way that you can
serve your family this week! I promise you that as you really consider this and
act upon the answer you receive God will bless you with happiness and
greater joy this Christmas season.
I love you all. Have a Merry Christmas and be
safe while traveling! Keep on keepin on.
XOXO. Sista Smoot
149 Ashford Center Rd. #C6
Ashford Ct, 06278
No comments:
Post a Comment