Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 44 -Boston Marathon πŸ‘Ÿ


April 15, 2019

This week was such a good one, last week was definitely a trial of the faith but this week we sent it and the Lord blessed us! I don't have too much time to talk about it because today we got to go to the Boston marathon and cheer on all the runners and that was pretty sweetπŸƒ‍️ 
But a quick recap of some fun things that took place this week! 

Highlights/miracles 
- We had an awesome Family Home Evening with Ashley and Sean and another family in the ward and we talked about recognizing the promotings of the Holy Ghost, well it turned out the next day Sean had a very strong impression to talk to a man at the gym and he had a neat experience with it. Ashley is starting to really recognize the spirit and she also discussed with us her strong desire to baptized and sealed to her family.
-I have had this cool thing happen every once in a while where I go somewhere and it feels really really familiar but it turns out I've never been there before. Usually something good comes out of it and this week that happened!! We met Kathleen and when we knocked on her door she said I've been waiting for you to come back!! Missionaires left a card on her door with their number a while ago and she tried calling but they never got back go her!! So this week, We get to go visit her and eat her organic meals πŸ˜‹ god is placing some good people in our life! 
-I went on exchanges with my MTC comp, Sister Perkins and it was a blast! She saw me and goes "Sister yeehaw and I are back together!!" Haha we had a great day together and boy have I grown a lot since the MTC! It was cool being with her cause I saw a lot of change that has taken place within me over the past 10 months. 
- We are teaching a cute Chinese family and they are progressing!! We met with them and read the book of Mormon this week and they loved it. 
- We invited David to dinner and he told us he couldn't come cause he was fasting and praying. Okay what?!?! Exactly what the missionaires want to hear!! He also got a priesthood blessing and wants to fully live the word of wisdom now!! 
- Went on exchanges with Hermana Gemperline, and we had a blast and the theme of the day was the Lord's perfect timing and Hispanic music! Every person we stopped by, just happened to be outside!! It was perfect. We then were walking down the street and saw a door open and heard some Mexican music coming out, so we walked up and asked if we could come in! Got to listen for a while and it was so awesome, Hermana Gemperline sang I stand all amazed why they played and they want the elders to come back! 
- we had 5 friends at church yesterday which was a miracle, the Lord is recognizing our efforts and is blessing us!! So things are looking up for us, one of them was a converts friend, Robin, and she now wants to meet with us! She's incredible and sooo prepared. 
- Last night we were tracting in the rain and we knocked on someone's door and he said I just met someone from your church who is an Uber driver! Turns out Brother Foster drove Antonio, talked about religion, and he remembered! What a coincidence we knocked on his door a few days later, we are excited to go back and see him this week! 
- we started teaching a guy named Cliff this week and he is aweosme, he came to church and he loves it and feels so welcome!! 

Anyway this the wild update of Marlborough! I'm so grateful that when we show God our desires and are willing to put into the work he will bless us. I have no doubt about that. I know this gospel is true and I know that our Savior lives. This week I got to give a talk on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and I loved a quote by Sister Eubank in this last general conference and she spoke about how some of us are paralyzed with grief. She states, "When tragedies overtake us, when life hurts so much we can’t breathe, when we’ve taken a beating like the man on the road to Jericho and been left for dead, Jesus comes along and pours oil into our wounds, lifts us tenderly up, takes us to an inn, looks after us. To those of us in grief, He says, “I will … ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, … that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.” Christ heals wounds." 

I LOVE MY REDEEMER AND THIS GREAT WORK 😊
Keep on keepin on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment