January 7, 2019
Hello one, hello all! Welcome to the
beautiful year of 2019, I'm ready for another amazing year! This week was a
great start even though I almost died by eating avocados and getting attacked
by a dog. So last week in my weekly I mentioned that I was overcoming my fear
of dogs.... well I spoke too soon because it is back!! Continue to read and
you'll hear what happened.
FUNNY:
-This week we made it a really big goal to
talk to everyone and ask for specific referrals. As we were parked in our car
writing our number on some cards there was guy outside so we jumped out and
talked to him, he wasn't interested but we asked if he knew anyone who recently
lost a loved one, had a baby, or moved in that we could share a message with
and he told us a lady just moved in. So we went and knocked on her door and she
let us right in! She had a HUGEEEEEEE poodle and after it warmed up to us I
went to go pet it and something scared him and he went right for my hand and I
barely got it away in time. I about had a heart attack but if anything came out
of it, at least we got to give her a Book of Mormon and I got to walk away with
my hand still attached lol.
-We were on Exchanges and I was with Hermana
Benson, we had a lunch appointment and I told her we should probably let the
lady know that I am allergic to avocado so she did. Well we show up and there
is a plate of avocados sitting in the middle of the table and I was so
confused? Well needless to say, Hermana Benson accidentally said
"Alegre" (Happy) instead of "alergia" (allergy) So she
thought i had happiness for avocados and went all the way to the store just to
buy avocados for me when really I am allergic to them... #DEADLYTYPO
-Ohhhhh fun fact, wore some slacks this week
and that was pretty sweeeeet ;) definitely had to take a double look when I saw
a reflection of myself because it was weird!! so many changes within the church
but i know it is all coming from God!
Luckily after all this chaos I am still alive
and well ;) Now are you ready to hear about some cool MIRACLES we
witnessed?
-JOHN IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!! So
he has had some setbacks with the Word of wisdom but president called him and
talked to him last night and decided that it is time for him to get baptized,
so it looks like we will be planning a baptism this week! We face timed John
last night to tell him and he just lit up, he was so happy to hear that it is finally
happening! The gospel has changed his life and brought so much happiness into
it.
-I love seeing the spirit soften the hearts
of those we teach. We had a return appt. with a guy we started teaching who
just returned back from war and when we got there he stepped outside and said
"I'm catholic and decided i'm all set" and we asked if we could at
least share the message we had prepared and he said sure and his mom ended up
joining! By the end he said "I know this is the truth" and his mom
said "This makes sense, I love you guys and please come back" and
it's so amazing to see how the spirit will work within those we teach and
testify of the truthfulness of our message.
There is always so much more I want to share
but I know that everyone has heard enough by now ;) So with that being said I
just want to say I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY <3. "We who love
the Lord have covenanted to give him time." and man do I love our Savior,
Jesus Christ. He means everything to me. 18 months doesn't even come close to
repay him for what he did for us.
Keep on keepin on.
Remember him always.
xoxo. Sista Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment