Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 70 - Anotha day, anotha dolla💲

October 15, 2019

Every morning I wake up and say "anotha day, anotha dollar" so as the days pass by it goes to "anotha week, anotha weekly" Hello from Sister Smoot in Boston! Get that? I'm still in Boston and will be staying here for my last and final transfer and I couldn't be more happier! My new companion is Sister Oakes and she is from Mesa Arizona and this is her first transfer, so it's been really fun introducing her to the crazy life of being a missionary. Training is a lot harder than I expected but it's also a lot of fun! 

We had a dinner our 3rd night together and I left choosing the message that we were going to share, up to her! As she chose something and we shared it, the member started laughing and said "this is exactly what I needed to hear, we were talking about this last night!". It bore powerful testimony to me that no matter how old, young, experienced, whatever it may be, we are all equal to God and he will allow the spirit to work through all of us. 

This week started off so beautifully with a trip to the temple with Zainab. Man, isn't that a special and unforgettable experience? I love the spirit that is there, its always a great reminder that everything is going to be okay and the only thing that matters is God. Right after Zainab got baptized for a few people she sat there by me and we got to be witnesses of the baptism. She looked over at me and said, "I'm praying they accept the baptism". 

We had a great lesson with our little buddy, Frovonski and he has been praying about the Book of Mormon but hasn't received an answer yet. He got permission from his dad to start coming to church with us! He is such a cool kid. 

We had a lesson with this super cool guy that we met on the train, his name is Jay and he is solid!! He reminds me of my Brother Kyler, down to earth and loves the outdoors. He sadly is super busy with rugby right now and can't meet but I know as he reads from the Book of Mormon he will realize that he has found what he is looking for. 

Ky and Jeff are still doing really good! They have been discussing a lot about baptism lately and we are hoping to officially set a date with them. 

Nancy and there family are doing good, we are super excited because this weakened we have 2 Apostles coming to New England for a devotional and we are going with Nancy and her family to it! I hope this is what will solidify the truthfulness of the gospel to them. 

Other than that, nothing too crazy has happened! This week Sister Taylor and I were having a great talk and she said something that really stuck out to me. 
She said, "It's easier to recognize the hand of God in the lives of others than it is in our own"
How true is that? It's easy to recognize how others are being blessed, how they are changing, but when it comes to reconginizing it for ourselves, often times it can be very difficult. Always remember to recognize the good in your everyday! 


I'm so grateful to be out here. Grateful I am able to represent my Savior. Love you all! 

I'm so grateful to be out here. Grateful I am able to represent my Savior. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment