November 26, 2018
Monday: tonight I had one of the roughest
lessons of my whole mission. We were teach In Greg and his wife Marie and so we
taught the restoration and in the middle of it I just froze and had no clue
what to say and what was next. And I just looked at sister ussery and she at
least started talking but that whole lesson I couldn't put words into my mouth
and I was getting so frustrated.. ugh we got in the car and I just started to
cry because I've never felt so stupid before. But this is something doctor
warned me of.. She said people call it "dopamax" cause you just act
like you're on dope.. so if that's the case, hopefully it wears off.
Tuesday: today we had service and that went
good! I always get the weirdest comments 😂😂 like for example, I was talkin to
elder Keyes on the phone and DaShawn comes up and put his arm around my waist
and says " I just had to come over and see who you were talkin to, I was
getting jealous of my baby girl" I'M ALWAYS LIKE UHHHHHH hahaha anyway but
we had a really good lesson with Alex, he's opening up more and more and
telling us his concerns and everyhting! He's so awesome! He is moving very
slowly but I see him eventually coming around! He's going to Puerto Rico for a
few days and so we have him some money and he's gonna bring us back something
cool 😎 then tonight we had stake reporting in Groton so that took the
rest of the night! But that went really good, it's where we talked about the
missionaries in the New London stake and how we can improve our efforts and it
was just so good and helpful! President Wharton, he is in the mission
presidency made a good comment he said I want everyone to treat the
missionaries like they want their own kids to be treated, because there mom's
arms aren't long enough to reach over and give them a hug and there dad's
aren't long enough to reach over to give them a priesthood blessing and it hit
me so hard and I just wanted to cry because it's been a rough week and in
reality that's all I wanted and in this ward I don't feel like I reslly have
that.. it's sad :( but ya it was a good Day!
Wednesday: pro time wasters today lol. We got
side tract doing our daily contact and pro longed our daily planning and then
we realized how busy we are the next 2 weeks and how we won't be in our area
like at all and got super stressed so we meditated haha and then we did studies
and all that! Sad news :( we showed up and Gina and Neils and they didn't answer
and we called them and I guess she has has diabetes and was super sick throwing
up all morning so that was a bummer :( we went to dianes and it was so fun!!
She taught us how to crochet and she was in heaven!! She loved teaching us for
once! We just laughed and talked and had a good time and i think she really
needed that! It was cute we also showed her our boyfriends and she thought
keithers was so cute!! And then when she prayed she said "and I reslly
like there boyfriends, if you have someone like them, send them my way"
haha she's the best!! Tonight we had a lesson with Jim and oh man......... was
it a treat....... so brother and sister mann came and lets just say i think I
got a total of 7 sentences in the whole 2 hours. Jim practically talked about random
doctrine the whole time and brother Mann just argued back with him. It
was rough, i was so annoyed and half asleep! But yep twas a good day!!
November 26, 2018
Well not too much happened this week, but
somehow i got to the end of this email and still typed a novel, so sorry about
that!;) But i'm still just surviving here in New England and trying to help
others come unto Christ! Some days are better than others and for the most part
we are still just pushin through:)
The work is still going pretty well here in
Ashford! unfortunately it seems like a lot of the new friends we have found
either aren't interested anymore or we can't get a hold of them again, so that
gets really discouraging but you just keep pushing forward!
WORK:
-John is amazing!! We had another great
lesson with him this week and he seems to open up with us a little more each
time which is exactly what we want him to do! He is starting to just excel in
the gospel and is excited to make his first covenant here in a few short weeks!
He seems to amaze us every week!
-Alex is our homie, we have became
tight! He is still just taking it slow but he told us that every time he meets
with us he loves the way he feels, so that's why he always invites us to come
back! He went back home to Puerto Rico for a few days this week and he is gonna
bring us back something cool, so im excited for that! He is a fitness trainer
so we teach him the gospel and in return he teaches us how to get fit. lol
-Diane!!! I love her!! This week we went over
and instead of us teaching her, she taught us how to crochet and man lets just
say i should stick to snowboarding and dangerous sports. I was AWFUL at it!!
But she was so cute and just kept saying "You got this, don't give
up!" She was in Heaven teaching us her hobbies!
-We are teaching this 7th day Adventist, his
name is Jim and we showed up for his lesson and walked in and
sat down and he gave us 2 pages front and back full of bible references that
explained why we don't need more scripture... lets just say it was a rough lesson.
He is also a nutritionist so he was teaching us a lot of nutrition stuff.
Prettyyyyy interesting lesson, with a total of 5 words said.
HIGHLIGHTS:
-Got to go on exchanges with the one and only
Sister Foutz and we had the time of our lives. Even though all 3 of our lessons
cancelled and it turned out to be a night full of tracting... but we made the
best of it and just laughed the night away! i sure love her<3
-Thanksgiving was great, even though the
turkey was cooked only on one side. We made do though! We did get to go visit
the Baers and they are my favorite people ever! Brother Baer is not a member,
but he just makes me laugh and he will come around one day;)
-I'm convinced that God is trying to tell me
something after placing Alex, a fitness trainer and Jim, a Nutritionist in my
life;)
SPIRITUAL:
I read a quote the other day, "I
love you. I sustain you. I am with you. Do not give up. Repent and endure in
the path that i have shown you. And i assure you that we will see each other
again in our celestial home."
This life is not easy, in fact there are days
that we all want to give up, but i can promise you that you are srtong enough
and you are not alone! The savior is by your side and he will help you along
this journey of helping you back to return to with your Heavenly Father.
I love each of you so very much! Have a great
week! sorry for the long email but as always.. Keep on keepin on<3
XOXO. Sista Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment