Sunday, October 27, 2019

Week 10 - SUPER DUDE CHUCK GOT DUNKED!!


August 13, 2018

Hello once again!!
Tuesday: today was a pretty solid Day! We went to Waltham and had a lesson with our friend Dennis, he's a great dude and super faithful! Trying to get sundays off to come to church! Then we tried stopping by a lot of potentials and had no luck :( we came back and did studies! You should read the talk "the prophet of god" by elder Neil l. Andersen! I hope you enjoy the talks I send you! But then we made some packaged pasta and brownies lol super healthy (; tonight we had a lesson over the phone with Chuck and he so solid! He is officially all the way taught!! His interview was moved to Thursday so hopefully he passes! It was cool tonight we somehow brought up that we pray for him probably 20 times a day and he said "wow thank you! Maybe that's why I've been so happy!!" And it made me realize there is nothing better than being a missionary! We are always serving others and bringing happiness into other people's lives and everyone of heavenly father's children deserve happininess! Anyway such a great Day! Love you guys! 

Wednesday: man the rain was nuts today!!! Hopefully you can get the video! We were gwtting ready to drive home tonight and it started down pouring, you couldn't see the road and people were pulled of everywhere!! But today we did studies and I read a talk that kayhyloo shared and it's "in the strength of the Lord" super good!! So mom and dad you should read it (; we went to Brookline today so sister okumura could get blood work done! Then went and practiced our song for chucks baptism! We listened to "life is a football game" it's like an hour long! You should try and search it up online because it is SOOO GOOD!!!! "Strap on your helmet and play to win" it was really cool the way the guy explained it! If you cant find it I'll try and share it with you somehow! But then we went to dinner and the house we were at is a 2.2 million dollar home!! Then we went to Waltham to help some sisters out and just worked on the area book! Pretty boring day.. But sister okumura and I are starting to butt heads. Ugh it's getting hard. But I'm pretty certain that I'm getting a follow up trainer but I'll know on friday!! My guess is I'm getting a Spanish sister (; it's gonna be weird!! And we've been told they might make Weston STLs again so who knows!! Anyway today was good my attitutude is so much better but my sass is getting bad hahaha anyway hope you guys had a good day! I love you and miss you

Thursday: gotta make it quick, it's 10:27!! CHUCK IS GETTIN DUNKED!!!!!! he passed his interview tonight!!! Anyway so excited! And super good day!! We did the usual and then we went and took brownies to a less active (dede fay) and then we tried stopping by a few people but again no luck:( so we came back and did weekly planning and it's cool during weekly planning we always share a strength and weakness about eachother and she said my strength was I am really good with overcoming adversity, I thought that was cool! And my weakness is my sass h ahah me?!?! Sassy?!?! No way! Anyway then we went to dinner and it was so yummy! Stir fry! They were actually mission president in the Ogden Utah mission so they know Brigham very well! But then we had chucks baptism interview and it took a full hour!! Then correlation! Good day (: it was so funny today sister okumura just looked at me and said you're so funny and i said why?! And she said I was thinking and you are classy when you need to be but you're such a tomboy and hick!! And I've never seen the 2 work so well together 😂😂 haha funny funny!! Also one more cool thing that hit me tonight!! Ya know how I was planning on leaving in August? But got a feeling I needed to leave earlier because someone needed me?! What if that someone was chuck?!? This ward hasn't seen a baptism in a year so Chuck is a miracle!! And I get go witness it!!! So cool!! Anyway love you guys

Friday: TRANSFERS CAME OUT TODAY!! I am getting transferred to Springfield Massachusetts!! This is crazy what is happening!! We are getting shotgunned out (which means we are getting replaced with elders) and my new area I am going to we are getting shotgunned into (so sisters are replacing the elders) this doesn't happen very often and it's happening!!! On top of that, my follow up trainer is from Brazil and a Portuguese sister!?!? But will be an English sister this transfer, so it's gonna be crazy!! Well we have a ton of people we want to go say bye to before we leave:( I'm sad about leaving I was starting to really love the ward and it really makes me wish I would have appreciated and cherished the time I had here sooner and not wished it away.. but we went and said by to good ole Victoria and she's so sad we are leaving:( then we said bye to Ed, we are trying to finish the area book before we transfer on Wednesday so we are going crazy and on top of all this we have a baptism tomorrow!! So we are both a little stressed but it's okay!! I love you guys!!! 

Saturday: CHUCK GOT DUNKED TODAY!!! And wow what a special day it was. I feel so blessed and privileged to be here. Today went so smoothly!! To start off we woke up and did the usual, did studies and I read a great talk called "of things that matter most" by elder uchdorf! You gotta read it!! IT'S SO GOOD!!! Anyway then we went and picked up the programs for his baptism and went to the church and started filling the font and just got things all ready and it all looked so great! Then Chuck got there andd the baptism started and I'm not kidding the spirit was so strong!!! Sister okumura and I sang a child's prayer and the spirit was there and everyone could feel it. As soon as Chuck went underwater and came up he had such a glow about him that I can't even put into words!! He is a new man and he even said he feels different!! I seriously am so overwhelmed tonight and feel so blessed to be a servant of the Lord. Missions are hard but man after days like today they are so worth it!! We told Chuck we were both leaving and he was super sad :( but I told him I'd be back in about 2 years to see him! Haha! Another miracle!! We had a goal to finish putting in the area book records and finished tonight!!! Wahoo!!! I love missionary work and I love bringing the happiness of the gospel into others lives. I love chuck so much and man I'm gonna miss him!! Thanks for the prayers and fasting on his behalf, he made it!! Love you guys

Sunday: tonight I have no time but I'm excited to talk to you guys tomorrow!!! We got to go the hospital in Boston tonight to go say bye to Gail:( she was reslly struggling with us leaving and is super sad. She started bawling and just hugged us and said we've touched her for  good in so many ways. I've just come to love her so darn much and saying goodbye was actuslly so hard. I started to tear up because leaving behind people you love is hard :( it hit me tonight that missions can be hard for his exact reason. You learn to love these people and in a blink of an eye you are leaving them behind and you just love them so much:( she was like a mom to us and provided us with a place to go and just talk. But I know the Lord has big plans for me Springfield! I'm so excited!!! 

Just so you know today we are so so so busy with transfers and everybfing so I won't have much time to email/talk but I do want you to know that I read all 3 of your emails that you sent me and thank you for emailing me!! I won't have time to respond to them individually, I'm sorry!! But I love you all and I'm glad you are all doing good!!! Keep on keepin on!!! 
Xoxox. Sista Smoot 



August 13, 2018

Wow last week I told my parents "don't blink because before you know it, it'll be pday again!" And that's how it feels!! I blinked and this week was over! But wow what a good week!! So many good things have been happening!! 

First things first I'm getting transferred!! I'm headed to Springfield Massachusetts aka "the pitts" at least that's what everyone says hah! But I'm so excited! It's gonna be crazy Weston is getting replaced with elders, so both of us are leaving! And where I'm headed we are replacing elders! So neither of us will know anything! But I'm excited!! My new comp is from Brazil and has been a Portuguese sister, so this will be her first transfer as an English sister! It's gonna be sick! 

CHUCK GOT DUNKED!!! wow I wish all of you could meet super dude Chuck, he is incredible! For those of you who just got added to this group here is a fast background on him. Chuck called us and said he was referred to us by another church (never happens, so crazy!!) But we first met him my first day in the mission field. We continued to teach him and he has grown so much! This weekend he got baptized!! And it was such a neat experience being able to teach him all the way through and to see the growth he's had! As soon as he went underwater and came up he had such a glow about him that i cant even put into words!! He's a new man and he has so much ahead of him! 

With leaving, we have been saying bye to lots of people so last night we had to say our final goodbye to our friend Gail :( she was super upset we are leaving but I know that god has a special plan for her and I have loved getting to know her. We also got to see our old friend Victoria!! I just love that woman!! She reminds me of my own grandma's that I have, very loving. This is what makes missions hard, you learn to love these people and then you have to say goodbye :(

So the one thing sister okumura has learned about me through the past 7 weeks is that I can be a girl and be classy yet I'm such a tomboy and a hick and she's never seen the 2 go so well together hahah. Anyway I'm gonna miss her but I'm ready for the next adventure! 

Well everyone, this week I want each of you to focus on seeing yourself the way heavenly father sees you. I know that he loves each of you so much and he knows all your wants, dreams, and desires. I love you all as well and hope everyone is doing good!! Keep on keepin on!!

Xoxo. Sista Smoot 

P.S. here is my new address: 649 prospect st apartment h4 Chicopee  Massachusetts 01020


No comments:

Post a Comment