Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 48 -Third times a charm ☘


May 13, 2019

Hello friends and family πŸ‘‹ 
It was a beautiful week in which I am so grateful for. Everyday I wake up feeling so blessed that I get to represent our Savior and put a name tag on with His name. I AM SO HAPPY HERE!! 

Some good stuff happened this week. First off I got to go back to Madison to see my dear friend Steve get baptized!!  It was such a lovely day and needless to say, third time was the charm for getting him fully immersed. I loved seeing my beautiful Madison FamilyπŸ’›  Nothing better than teaching Megan the new memeber lessons and getting Rachelle to meet with the missionaires again! 

Updates and highlights of the week Here in Marlborough: 
-We had a lesson with out new friend Sheryl this week and she had us go to her art studio to teach us how to paint and it was so much fun! I love seeing all the talents and strengths Heavenly Father has come up with and blessed his children with. Painting is not one of mineπŸ˜‰
- We are making progress with Ashley!! We found out there was a family attorney in the ward and he is willing to help them out. Ashley should be on her way to making covenants soon!! She is so excited and says "I want this more than anything" 
- We are "Messengers from God" as Wen Yu put it. The day the sisters knocked on her door was the day she prayed for more guidance. As she watched the restoration video this week she said "it seems unbelievable that Joseph Smith saw them but I want to believe it" desire starts it all!! 
-tip of the day, always listen to the spirit. We had a lesson with our friend Leticia this week and we prayed about which memeber to bring. Turns out the member we brought, they knew eachother and connected really well, we had a beautiful and spirtual lesson! 

Random: 
- fun fact: shoveling Mulch for 3 hours wears ya out, although still a grand time. 
- Don't get your hopes up when someone from a restaurant texts ya. I usually leave a book of Mormon card with our number on it where ever we go and I've never had anyone text us! Well this time it turned out to be Justin who wanted to take us out for ice cream and the movies.. sad day.. I'll still take the free ice cream though πŸ˜‰
-went to a wedding reception over the weekend and made some good interactions, ate some good food, and came to the conclusion that we should start going through the news paper to look for weddings coming up.. good finding source πŸ˜‰ "Plan of Salvation pamphlet for you, one for you, and you too!" 

We went on a few exchanges this week and I love the sisters I get to minister to, I always learn so much from each of them! Something I really learned this week was that the spirit is so vital in every thing we do. Without it, our work is not being guided by the One who knows everything. I am constantly reminded that the most precious gift God has given us his the Holy Ghost which is simply the prettiest gift our eyes can't see. 

Keep it up everyone and always remember Heaven is cheering you on and so am I! 
Have an excellent week and always stay on the covenants path. 
Xoxo.Sista Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment