September 23, 2019
Welcome back to the live update of Sister
Smoot. So many incredible things that I learned this week that I just can't
wait to share it with y'all.
First and foremost, I know this church is
true and I love declaring that everyday. This week I had many opportunities to
share it and my favorite was by far the lesson we had with Jeff and Ky. We were
on exchanges and I was with the lovely Sister Trythall, we taught them the
Gospel of Jesus Christ and they loved it. We invited them to be baptized and
they both said, "i might" with a smile upon their face. For now they
are continuing their spiritual journey but feel something right here.
Sister Taylor was sick one day this week and
had to stay in, so I called people all day long but it was totally worth it!!
We started teaching this lady named Elsie who had previously met the
missionaires and no one ended up calling her. So when I called her she was very
excited! We set up a time to get together and had a great lesson, at the end
she recited the whole restoration back to us and said "it totally makes
sense". I LOVE WHEN IT CLICKS FOR PEOPLE!!
We had a few fun things this week, as well.
We did the Book of Mormon Experiment which is something the church is doing
around the world. It was so weird!!! We wore normal clothes, no name tag, and
went by our first name. We had a display set up and if people came and looked
at it then we could invite them to paritcipate. We gave them a printed out page
of the Book of Mormon and told them "this is a page of religious text,
will you read it and Mark references to God or Jesus Christ?" It was
fascinating to see what people thought of this "religious text" and
then how their view changed after they heard it was the Book of Mormon. It's so
sad how the world has put this bad rap on the Word of God. It testified to me
that you have to have an open heart and be willing to try things out before you
know if it's good or not! It was a lot of fun though and definitely a learning
experience.
We also had an international dinner for stake
conference and it was so cool!! I love how diverse it is here. Members brought
food from all over; Dominican Republic, Cape Verde, Brazil, Nigeria,
Philipines, Haiti, and other countries. The food was all so delicious and it
was fun to be apart of so many different cultures.
Something that stood out to me this week is
that God answers prayers and he knows your individual needs!! As the quotes
says, "Often, the answer to our prayer does not come while we're on our
knees but while we're on our feet serving the Lord and those around
us."
Lately I've been praying and felt like I
haven't been receiving answers to any of my questions. As I was having a
conversation with someone my prayer was answered. I wasn't even having the
conversation to recieve anything for myself but God knew it was what I needed.
You never know how God will answer your prayers but I'm grateful to know that
he always will.
Kind of going along those same lines, someone
told me, "The Lord has a gameplan, he is the coach, now let him guide
you" it's very true, God knows what he is doing and is the only coach we
should trust with our life.
A lot of other great things happened, but
that'll be it for now. I just want all of you to know that I am grateful for
the knowledge I have of the Gospel, the fact that it keeps me grounded, and
keeps me focused on the things that matter most. I undoubtly know this is
Christ's church and he is the ultimate person we can turn to for anything we
need.
I love you all and I know God does too!
Keep on keepin on folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment