Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 58 - The promise land of Boston πŸš‡


July 22, 2019

To say the least, Boston is the promise land. I have never felt like I deserve my pillow at the end of the day more than I have this past week. This past week we had a heat wave and it's been super hot and humid.. I LOVE IT! A shower has never felt so good. I'm living the ultimate dream here and am so happy! We live in a 4 sister apartment and it's the funnest thing ever, we all get home and just sit around and talk until it's about 10:20 and then we boggie off to bed. Not because we want to stop talking but because mission rules are a thing πŸ˜‰
Today I don't have much time to write cause I'm off to the city! πŸš‡πŸ™
Here are some short highlights of my week:
- lots of sad goodbyes to my family in Marlborough.. the Pitcavages especially was super hard. I came to love them and adore them in so many ways. I gave their girls bracelets and sister pitcavage let me know they haven't taken them off since. Miss them!
-Nicole and Wagner have a officially set their wedding and baptism date for August 17th and the other night Nicole was trying on her dress for us and she is going to make one beautiful bride! I can't wait to see them married and making covenants in no time.
My first few days in Boston have been a whirl wind and I can't tell ya what has really taken place what I do know is that... I LOVE THE CITY! Who woulda thought a small town country girl like me would ever say that? Public trans is a dream, walking at least 4 miles a day has never felt better, and talking with so many random people every day has been a blast. I can think of one of my favorite experiences this week!
- We were getting ready to head off to go visit someone and we saw this girl sitting on the bench, we went and chatted with her and ended up staying there the rest of the night. She just lost everyhting in a house fire but had the brightest attitude. As we got to the end of our convo she asked if she could sing for us and it was INCREDIBLE! I got immediate chills. God knew exactly where we needed to be at this moment and led us straight to her.

Fun fact: I'm in such a culture shock!!! I looked at Sister Perkins and said "we are the only white ones on the bus...." my first night here, with a concerned look on my faceπŸ˜‚Something I've really come to recognize this week because of being around so many different people, races, and cultures is that God doesn't care what color we are and our past, all he cares about is our future and who we are becoming! He truly knows each and every one of us personally and individually.

Yesterday in Sunday School we were talking about how God really trusts us to make decisions in our life and because of that, sometimes we can go down the wrong track and think we are on the right track, life can be really deceiving at times. Remember that God is the ultimate person we should put put our trust in. 
It's been stellar week and I'm excited to see what the next few months hold. As for now, keep on keepin on! 
Love you all
Xoxo. Sister Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment