June 17, 2017
MISSIONS ARE GOOD AND GOD IS GREATER! This
week was so incredible, I witnessed one of the most amazing miracles on my
mission, something I will never forget.
Meet our friend Kyle, he is someone we met
this past week with a series of events leading us to finding him. To keep it
short and simple we walked past him on the street and stopped to talk to him.
He opened up to us and told us everything that was going on his life. It turns
out to be he is a recovering addict, he has been clean a little over a year and
this night he decided it wasn't worth it anymore. He was 3 houses away from
relapsing and was about ready to just be done, until we stopped and talked with
him. We showed him a video and he started crying with tears of hope. My favorite
part of all of this was that we video called my brother Chase and to see him
testify to Kyle how reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and going to church
helped him overcome his trials was incredible. By the end of the video call,
kyle was smiling!!
Yesterday, he came to stake confernce and
wrote 13 pages of notes!! He had a smile on his face and said, "I've never
felt like this before".
THE GOSPEL IS FOR EVERYONE! It brings hope, a
purpose to our Lives, and provides a way to overcome anything. I know that God
leading us to Kyle this night was not a coincidence, God is aware of each of
his children and knows exactly how to help them.
Other updates:
-ASHLEY IS GETTING BAPTIZED!! Mark your
calendars, we set a date for August 24th with her!
-Julian prayed at our lesson!!
- Nicole and Wagner came to church and the
next day Wagner got a job! Also, they are the cutest and we love them.
- Wen Yu and Forest want to be baptized and
accepted to pray for a date this week! They also came to stake conference
yesterday!
We met some other incredible people this
week, had some amazing lessons, and witnessed many other miracles. Foe now, all
I can say is I feel so blessed to he here in Marlborough.
Spiritual thoughts:
-"We see ourselves in terms of yesterday
and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever."
-"Testimony growth happens most when you are put to the test"
-"Testimony growth happens most when you are put to the test"
I invite you all to do what Elder Dieter F.
Uchtdorf asked us to do..
-"Pause for a moment and check where your own heart and thoughts are. Are you focused on the things that matter most?"
I know without a doubt that this is Christ's church here on the earth today. I know that God lives and he is guiding this beautiful work that I get to be apart of. I know that God answers prayers because he loves us.
-"Pause for a moment and check where your own heart and thoughts are. Are you focused on the things that matter most?"
I know without a doubt that this is Christ's church here on the earth today. I know that God lives and he is guiding this beautiful work that I get to be apart of. I know that God answers prayers because he loves us.
NEVER FORGET.. YOU ARE WORTH IT! You are a
master piece in God's eyes.
Keep on keepin on.
No comments:
Post a Comment