March 4, 2019
Well to say the least, I cant believe that
this Wednesday I hit my 9 month mark. It has gone so fast and has been the best
9 months of my life. Now all I ask is that the time slows down and the last
half goes much slower.
Not much time this week so i'll cut to the
chase, it was once again a week full of many tender mercies and miracles of the
Lord.
HIGHLIGHTS & UPDATES
Steve- I mentioned a little bit about
him last week and how he asked for us to come over, a little background on him.
When he first gave us a call he said "I'm not looking to join your church
or convert or anything. I just think it would be nice to meet with you"
Well the Lord had something else in mind because this week our dear friend,
Steve, accepted to be baptized on March 30th.
Rodriguez Family- There is nothing like
having a family away from home and that is defineitly how i feel with this
incredible family. This week we were very lucky and got to spend an evening
with their whole family and taught them about eternal families. Carlos went
from, "I think" to, "I hope" to, "I know". He
knows families can be sealed together for eternity in the house of the Lord and
we are going to get him there. We also took just him and CJ out for ice cream
and that was a good time :)
Scott and NEW FRIEND Nathan- They came
to church yesterday and loved it. Scott is still on board for getting baptized
May 18th and he even went 2 days without smoking!! really big progress for him.
Megan- Still doing super well and is
really looking forward to her baptism on March 23 :)
Jean Pierre Family- They committed to
coming to church next week, big step for them!
RANDOM
-On a sad note, we found out that pops (Elder
Weseman) who i love so dearly... has just been diagnosed with Cirrhosis. It is
crazy to me how someone you just met can mean so much and have the biggest
impact on your life and this how I feel about the Wesemans, they are the
greatest couple.
-We had a YSA activity this weekend and it
was super fun, we got together and played games and made pizza and hungout! I
also got to see one of my favorite members from Ashford, Brother Allred. That
was super awesome!
-I ATE SQUID THIS WEEK!!! anyone who knows
me, knows i don't like seafood. what can i say, with the lord anything is
possible ;)
SPIRITUAL
Prayer has really been a topic that has stuck
out to me this week. In fact yesterday in Sunday school someone made this
comment that there is a song that states, "Thank God for unanswered
prayers" and it struck me that I am so beyond grateful that my Father in
Heaven knows me and knows what I need better than I do. Some prayers truly are
left better unanswered. Looking back, we all have prayers that we wanted
answered but aren't we lucky that God didn't answer them because he loves us
and knows whats best? Just like Alma 37:37 states, " Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good"
Well ya get the point after this long email,
I am happy here, I love it, and I love this work, I love these people, I love
my companion, but most importantly I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Have a blessed week.
keep on keepin on.
143
xoxo. Sista Smoot
P.s.
don't mind the backwards Utah...🙈
No comments:
Post a Comment