August 12, 2019
Buckle up because this is going to be a wild
weekly!
At the beginning of this week I received a
package from my lovely parents and the theme of the package was monkeys and
bananas with the idea of, "hang in there". Little did I know that
this was literally going to be the motto of my week. It's been a roller coaster
kind of week, that's for sure.
We will start with the positive side of things first!
-I had exchanges with Sister Cronin and we had a wonderful day together, it was nice to be back with her and teaching together. We hit our 14 months and celebrated with some cold stone ice cream, totally worth it!
-we had zone conference this week and it was everything I needed. Such a spirtual pump me up. We talked about Thomas in the new testament and how he wanted Christ to show himself and wanted to feel the prints in his hands in order to believe. Christ appeared to Thomas and the result that came from that was he believed. This experience really made me think "why would Christ so willingly appear to Thomas? Shouldn't he have to have faith like the rest of us?" What touched me though, is that Christ knew Thomas needed that experience just like Christ knows the experiences we need to have in order for our faith to grow. Everyone will gain a spirtual witness in a different way.
-Zainab is still progressing towards her baptism for August 24th. It was funny we asked if she was ready and she said, "I'm not ready for those exams!!" We explained that it's not an exam and went over the baptism interview questions and she was able to answer all of them so clearly and powerfully. She is ready!
-Debra is still working towards September 28th and was able to cut back on smoking a little bit this week, so proud of her!
-we had such a cool experience with a member couple this week. Last time we were at their place we decided to change our message, as directed by the spirit, and committed them to bear their testimonies to each other. This week we followed up with them and she informed us that because of our commitment she has decided to make some big changes and is now temple worthy again. This truly helped me to see that God knows exactly what his children know and through the spirit we are made aware and get to be the mouth piece. It's quiet incredible.
Now onto the adventours things of the week... might I add, this all happened within 72 hours.
-I was forced to go to the doctor on Friday for my foot and I found out I have a fracture so I'm in a boot for the next little while. Just an added accessory 😉
-We were at Zainabs, getting ready to leave, it was about 9:00pm and Zion (her little 1 1/2 year old boy) was running with a potato peeler, fell, and sliced his finger open. He started bleeding everywhere, we were trying to take care of that when we found out our car was about to be towed, and let's just say sister Perkins and I were done. Luckily we called a member and got him to the hospital. All is well!
-Last of all, we have been gifted with a car for the rest of the transfer since we needed to take over the elders teaching pool. Well we were on our way to go wake up Zainab for church and we got into a car accident. Nobody got hurt, both the cars just got a little beat up. I was so frustrated but have come to accept that God is reaaallllllyyyy trying to teach me something. The beat part of this whole story was walking out to the car yesterday sister Perkins said, "It's gonna be a great day!! Watch now that I said that I'm gonna get hit with a car" well about 10 minutes later she did... be careful what you say you out loud!
Right after the car accident happened, we went to church and the feelings I had as we walked into the church, sat on the couch, and partake of the sacrament was so surreal. As I took a piece of bread I have never felt the saviors love so strong. It instantly hit me that with everything going on the savior knows exactly how it feels to be in a car accident, to have a fracture, to be rejected, and I'm sure at times, felt like he wasn't enough. The spirit that I felt there in that moment bore truth to me that Christ truly knows how to comfort us because he has been there. I randomly opened up to Mosiah 24:14-16 and the first sentence read,
"And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders.. the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions"
The book of Mormon is true and Christ lives today. I know that to be true.
Christ through his atonement has enabled us to win the race. Not only do we have to endure the race, we can find peace and joy through it. In those moments of despair, when we feel out of breath, don't give up, hold on. Christ is right there by your side.
To all you who stuck with this long and dragging email please know I love you. I appreciate the prayers and the support that you continuously show me.
Don't forget, wear good shoes, head check twice, and don't run with a potato peeler. It'll save ya in the end 😉
Keep on keepin on folks. Till next week
Xoxo. Sister Smoot
We will start with the positive side of things first!
-I had exchanges with Sister Cronin and we had a wonderful day together, it was nice to be back with her and teaching together. We hit our 14 months and celebrated with some cold stone ice cream, totally worth it!
-we had zone conference this week and it was everything I needed. Such a spirtual pump me up. We talked about Thomas in the new testament and how he wanted Christ to show himself and wanted to feel the prints in his hands in order to believe. Christ appeared to Thomas and the result that came from that was he believed. This experience really made me think "why would Christ so willingly appear to Thomas? Shouldn't he have to have faith like the rest of us?" What touched me though, is that Christ knew Thomas needed that experience just like Christ knows the experiences we need to have in order for our faith to grow. Everyone will gain a spirtual witness in a different way.
-Zainab is still progressing towards her baptism for August 24th. It was funny we asked if she was ready and she said, "I'm not ready for those exams!!" We explained that it's not an exam and went over the baptism interview questions and she was able to answer all of them so clearly and powerfully. She is ready!
-Debra is still working towards September 28th and was able to cut back on smoking a little bit this week, so proud of her!
-we had such a cool experience with a member couple this week. Last time we were at their place we decided to change our message, as directed by the spirit, and committed them to bear their testimonies to each other. This week we followed up with them and she informed us that because of our commitment she has decided to make some big changes and is now temple worthy again. This truly helped me to see that God knows exactly what his children know and through the spirit we are made aware and get to be the mouth piece. It's quiet incredible.
Now onto the adventours things of the week... might I add, this all happened within 72 hours.
-I was forced to go to the doctor on Friday for my foot and I found out I have a fracture so I'm in a boot for the next little while. Just an added accessory 😉
-We were at Zainabs, getting ready to leave, it was about 9:00pm and Zion (her little 1 1/2 year old boy) was running with a potato peeler, fell, and sliced his finger open. He started bleeding everywhere, we were trying to take care of that when we found out our car was about to be towed, and let's just say sister Perkins and I were done. Luckily we called a member and got him to the hospital. All is well!
-Last of all, we have been gifted with a car for the rest of the transfer since we needed to take over the elders teaching pool. Well we were on our way to go wake up Zainab for church and we got into a car accident. Nobody got hurt, both the cars just got a little beat up. I was so frustrated but have come to accept that God is reaaallllllyyyy trying to teach me something. The beat part of this whole story was walking out to the car yesterday sister Perkins said, "It's gonna be a great day!! Watch now that I said that I'm gonna get hit with a car" well about 10 minutes later she did... be careful what you say you out loud!
Right after the car accident happened, we went to church and the feelings I had as we walked into the church, sat on the couch, and partake of the sacrament was so surreal. As I took a piece of bread I have never felt the saviors love so strong. It instantly hit me that with everything going on the savior knows exactly how it feels to be in a car accident, to have a fracture, to be rejected, and I'm sure at times, felt like he wasn't enough. The spirit that I felt there in that moment bore truth to me that Christ truly knows how to comfort us because he has been there. I randomly opened up to Mosiah 24:14-16 and the first sentence read,
"And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders.. the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions"
The book of Mormon is true and Christ lives today. I know that to be true.
Christ through his atonement has enabled us to win the race. Not only do we have to endure the race, we can find peace and joy through it. In those moments of despair, when we feel out of breath, don't give up, hold on. Christ is right there by your side.
To all you who stuck with this long and dragging email please know I love you. I appreciate the prayers and the support that you continuously show me.
Don't forget, wear good shoes, head check twice, and don't run with a potato peeler. It'll save ya in the end 😉
Keep on keepin on folks. Till next week
Xoxo. Sister Smoot
Address:
19 Ackley place #2
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
No comments:
Post a Comment