Sunday, October 27, 2019

Week #22 -Temple day with Diane!


November 5, 2018

Tuesday: geepers what a longggg dayyyy.. I've had a sore throat the past few days and it finally got the best of me last night and this morning :( so I popped some Nyquil, Dayquil, Tylenol, emergency c, and cough drops and got to work 😂 haha but we got dianes family names figured out and then we took off and went to service which went good! Then today consisted of stopping by lots of people! We were supposed to have 2 appointments.. one with Kevin and then Sonya and they both fell through.. we then got a text today from Elizabeth and She s not interested and found another church.. so that was a bummer. But we got a hold of 2 less actives tonight! First was a guy named shurn, he let us in and he was there with his girlfriend and she was so cool!!! She wants to learn more and wants to start coming to church!! So we are going to start teaching her! She s such a sweetheart! She even offered us money to go towards our missions!! But we cant take that... but what we can take is dinnaaa;) Get this! I love license plates and somehow it got brought up that I want a CT one and he had one and gave it to me!! It says "farm" down on the bottom too!! The other lady was Donna, her house was a disaster and smelt like cat is was awful.... But She s going through some hard times right now so stopping by her was not a coincidence! But we are gonna go help her clesn her house next Tuesday.. lol wish us luck! But yep that was the Day!! Love ya💛 holla for the temple tomorrow!! Its.like Christmas eve h ahah 

Wednesday: man I am still not feelin good and just been popping meds haha! BUT IT WAS SUCH A SPECIAL DAY!! wow being able to see your recent convert get baptized for her mom and grandma in the temple is so amazing. The spirit was so so so strong and I just can't believe how far Diane has come! She is so amazing and I love her tons! I seriously just feel so blessed to be an instrument in the lords hand. Also the hartford temple is so so so beautiful!!! I can't wait for you guys to see it 😍 also we gave diane her quad and she was so happy it was the cutest thing!! She held it and hugged it and said "this means more to me than anything in the whole world" so thank you thank you 💛 after the temple, we came back and showered and got ready, ate lunch  and then did studies... I fell asleep oops :( but then we went and taught Katie and Russell the word of wisdom and then came back and ate dinner and then started weekly planning and we stopped teaching 4 friends:( dont know if you remember any of them.. but Corrine, ed, Elizabeth, and alyssa:( sad day.. But I'm beat love ya guys! 

Thursday: another long day:( im sick of not feeling good :( it's wearing me down trying to push through it :( but I won't let anything stop me from workin.. today we did studies and then went and did conversion up and coming and that took a while then we came back and ate lunch and then finished weekly planning and it took fffffffoooooorrrrrreeeeeevvvvveeeerrrr. But we planned really good for all of our friends so that's nice! Also diane text us today and her dog died :((((( thats her best friend... its so sad :( Then we went and had dinner at the Owens! They predicted we both stay here, guess we will see tomorrow(; but it was nice they said, "you two make a great combination, you're the hardest workin set of missionaries we've had." Which is really cool because they get close with all the missionaries!! That made me feel good especially when I feel like I've been slowin us down this week :( but then we went and had contact with 3 less actives and they were all super nice!! And we started teaching a guy named Greg!! He's in his 50s/60s and he is way nice!! I'm excited to start teaching him and hope to see him progress! But love y'all, I'm headed to bed! T-text tomorrow ahhhhh.. ALSO!! MOM AND DAD THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SOCKS AND CARD!! man I needed that, it's been a rough few days and that put a smile on my face 😊😙

Friday: what a day! First off we got a text last night saying that  t-texts were going to be postponed until tomorrow!  So I guess we'll find out then what happens. It was a pretty good day, I started off with a headache and still not feeling too good so I went and got a blessing from brother Owen and it really did help quite a bit! So hopefully tomorrow I wake up feeling better. Luckily I haven't let it stop me from doing the work, just slows me down. Anywho today we went to District Council and it was so much fun! We played missionary Jeopardy and had questions from things like preach my gospel, missionary handbook, technology, scriptures, and it was so much fun! Sadly this sisters lost by 2 points... And then we all hung out for a little bit and signed transferred journals! Then we went and had a lesson with our new friend cam! He was a referral from one of his friends who is on a mission, who thought that he could use the gospel. So we went and talked to him today, and our lesson went really well! We then went to Institute and it was super good and was all about prayer and the will of the Lord. The question that I've been pondering is, "How do I decifer the difference between God's will and the natural man?" So hit me with your answers! Then we had a lesson with Allen! He is so awesome and such a good guy! We taught him spiritual CPR, and in the middle of it he just got so excited and said "I like this church so much!" It was the cutest thing ever! that we went and ate dinner at Moe's, thanks to the gift card we recieved yesterday!(; Gracias! Then we went and had a lesson with Justin! That guy is so smart, it blows my mind. Luckily brother allred was there to help answer his tricky questions Lol. But it's cool to see how when Justin met with missionaries in the past he was not prepared but as his heart has been softened we think he is now more willing to accept the gospel with an open heart. But yeah that was pretty much our day! Pretty crazy! Love you guys!

Saturday: to start off... I'M STAYING IN ASHFORD WITH SISTER USSERY!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! I finally get to stay put hah! So that's exciting(: but today was just the average day, after we finished the usual stuff we left and went to Putnam! As soon as we got there t text came in and we were so excited! We are both staying and I think we are both happy about it, I sure am! But we found out that the sister training leader leadership is kind of changing... There will only be four sets of sister training leaders in the mission, instead of in every Zone. So we now cover two zones which will be pretty stressful and interesting to see how it goes! We will have about five other sets of sisters to help, it's going to be pretty stressful with exchanges and all that! But I am excited! Afterwards we went and helped a member clean her house, she just had surgery so we are able to help her out! and then we went and started teaching our new friend John, he ordered a book of Mormon. He has met with missionaries before and has read  the book of Mormon and knows that it is true. He is super awesome! We then went and finished cleaning and then we went and read the book of Mormon with a member! Afterwards we just tried stopping by lots of people! But that was pretty much our day in a nutshell! So excited to be here in Ashford for the next 6 weeks!!! 

Sunday: kind of a crazy day! We had ward council, and and then Church! It was so sad... Allen was supposed to come today and we had a ride for him, and his ride went to go pick him up and he couldn't find him and left. And we got a message from Allen saying been waiting outside since 9:30 and no one's came... So he wasn't able to make it and that was a bummer. But then we turned around towards the end of sacrament and John was sitting in the back! He actually came to church! He's so awesome! But then gospel principles class was a little hectic. Russell walked out and then collapsed and then started to have seizures. MAN DOWN!!😂😅 So that whole class pretty much went into calling the ambulance and trying to get him situated. Welcome to church John! LOL. We then taught a really good lesson about Missionary work, the talk is called, "sharing the restores gospel" it's in the October 2016 conference by dallin h oaks and it's so good!! Please give it a read (: and then after church we had to watch some training videos and then we left and headed to Willimantic! We just went and stopped by a lot of people, but none of them were home! But we were able to talk to a lot of random people as we are driving... It was kind of weird! Then we had dinner at the Butler's and i ate 5 waffles, I was starving!!!!  then we went to brother allreds with another member and we're supposed to have a lesson but the guy didn't show up... Then we came back and correlated with the elders! That was pretty much our day!

As you can tell it was kind of a rough week, with being sick almost everyday. But I just kept pushing through it and we saw so many miracles! Can't believe I've already been out 5 months! So excited to stay in Ashford and not have to change again, it'll be super nice! Love you guys so much and miss you tons💛






November 5, 2018

It was quite a rough week, being sick on the mission is no fun because there is no time to relax, you just have to push through it! So between Tylenol, Dayquil, Nyquil, and emergency C... I AM ALIVE! Not to mention, doing so so so good! It was honestly and incredible week! To start off... I GET TO STAY IN ASHFORD FOR MY 4th TRANSFER!! I am so excited to stay here, to be with Sister Ussery, and continue being a sister training leader! Although i am a little nervous, they have switched it up and we now cover 2 zones so we will be very busy!! But it'll be great!:)

Few highlights of the week:
-Wednesday was such a special day, one that i will cherish forever. We were able to go to the Hartford temple with our recent covert, Diane and it was such a spiritual experience. She was able to get baptized for her mom and great grandma and the spirit that we all felt as she was getting baptized was amazing.  I just feel so blessed that we are able to have the house of the Lord here on the earth and that she was able to do work for her parents. 
-We went and stopped by a less active and it was not a coincidence that his girlfriend was there. He let us in and she started asking a lot of questions! Apparently her church got shut down and so she hasn't been going to church and has been really interested in finding a church to go to and she wants to come to ours! Her name is Kelly, and she is such a sweetheart! On top of that, i guess he has always been close to the missionaries and does a lot for them. So he asked if we wanted or needed anything and for those of you who don't know, i love license plates and so i said a Connecticut licence plate, sure enough he went out to his car and had one and gave it to me! DAY MADE!! 
-Allen is still progressing really well and working towards his baptism on December 8th! We had a lesson with him this week and taught spiritual CPR, which is church, prayer, and reading! This is the way to keep us spiritually alive and in the middle of our lesson he just got so happy and said, ""I like this church so much!" It was so cute! He is just awesome! i finally snapped a picture with him so you can see my Chinese friend! 
-Our new friend, John is so awesome! He ordered a Book of Mormon (self referrals are rare) and so we went and delivered it to him and he said, "I've read the whole book before and did that challenge at the end, where it says to pray about it. I got a very clear answer that it was the truth." So that was really cool! He then came to church and oh man what an experience.. In gospel principles, Russell (member) passed out and had a seizure and John had to call the ambulance and it was just a wreck.. WELCOME TO CHURCH JOHN!! lol 

Spiritual thought: This week we taught a lesson in Relief Society about how to get others involved with missionary work. We focused it around the talk, "Sharing the Restored Gospel" its by Dallin H. Oaks and he specifically says, "We all know that member participation in missionary work is vital to achieving both conversion and retention. President Thomas S. Monson has said: “Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together … [and] labor in the Lord’s vineyard to bring souls unto Him. He has prepared the means for us to share the gospel in a multitude of ways, and He will assist us in our labors if we will act in faith to fulfill His work.”" This is very important, it doesn't matter how old you are, what you do, or what you know but the Lord will use YOU to help further his work. Be an instrument in the Lords hand and i know each of you will experience so much happiness as you do so. 

I love you all so much and i know that the Savior does as well. Rely on him and let him help you in all that you do! I can't believe that I have already been out here for 5 months, I wouldn't be here without the support from each of you! As always.. keep on keepin on.<3
XOXO. Sista Smoot 




No comments:

Post a Comment