October 1, 2018
Tuesday: quite the Day! Today we went and
said goodbye to Julian and man he was sad to see us go :( but he just kept
telling us that we are amazing and gonna do big things!! Then we saw dorthy
today and said bye to her and she said we have became her best friend and we've
done so much for her, I just love that women! We have truly been able to meet
some incredible people!! We cleaned out all the food.of our place, wrote in
transfer journals, and then we went over to the malekos tonight and it was so
muxh fun!! It was them and then the Campos (a less active family we found) and
then jomayrie and another bud! It was seriously so muxh fun! We ate some food
and just chatted and laughed! And then we had to say goodbye and it was so hard
:( brother Maleko is Polynesian and so they gave us shell necklaces and said
"we only give pur favorite missionaries this, and that's only been one
other set" they are just the best and I can't wait for you guys to meet
them! I sure am gonna miss this area, these people, and especially sister
proenca. But I feel so calm tonight and just at peace. I'm excited for another
chapter in the sista Smoots mission book! 💗
Wednesday: writing to you live from Ashford
CONNETICUT!!! Can you believe I made it to my 3rd transfer already?!?!(; today
started off by getting ready and finished packing then sister p and I just
chilled until sister Mannis came and picked us up! Then we hit the road and
went to lunch and ate so muxh food, it was delicious! I sure am gonna miss
sister Mannis, she is incredible. Then we got to the church and it was so much
fun seeing some of the elders from my 1st district and all my MTC friends! It's
the best!! It was so funny sister hurst came up to us and was like "look
its the power compansionship!!" Idk why everyone said that about us but
I'm sure gonna miss being with sister p! Anyway my new comp is sister ussery!
She has been out about 8 months! She is very quiet, and shy, and soft spoken but
Shes gonna be awesome! She is from Orangeville near price, We actuslly have a
lot in common! She played softball for 3 years in high school, she doesn't like
seafood, and she has a boyfriend serving in new zealand! So that's awesome! I
think she's had a tough life, her sister passed away 2 years ago at the age of
29, and her mom is addicted to pain pills, and so she is a strong girl! But
it's gonna be a good transfer and I'm excited!! Then we got back and went to
the Manns for dinner and they are awesome!! And we already saw a miracle
tonight! There is a member her name is Christy, she is 30 and a little disabled
so they go over and read the BOM with her and chat and not once have they seem
her dad come out. Well tonight he came out and chatted with us, prayed with us
and even invited us over for dinner so that's super cool! Then tonight I came
home and unpacked and guess what!! I left my bedding at the Weston chapel, I'm
so sad :( but I'm beat and gonna hit the hay! Love you guys 💗
Thursday: today was a very long and slow day
haha! I've decided I just hate the adjusting part all over again!! Started
getting used to the MTC, then we leave, start getting used to Weston then
leave, start getting used to Springfield then leave haha oh man!! But it's all good!
Today I was studying over Christ like atttitubes and so maybe I just need
patient haha! But we mostly weekly planned the whole day, mainly cause we get
side tract, and she had to explain everyone to me! We stopped by a few
potentials and even went to a car show, that was pretty sick! We had dinner
with the Owens tonight and they seem pretty aweosme, I'm excited to get to know
them better! Pretty muxh the details of the day, nothing really happened haha!
Oh it was funny, as I was writing the calendar up on the wipe board I wrote my
4 months Mark and she goes, "you haven't even been out 4 months
yet?!" I was like nope hah and she said "what how?!" I was like
do you mean how?! And she s like "You're just such a good missionary!!"
I honestly don't know why everyone says this! I don't know much about the
gospel, I'm learnin(; but I guess it's cause I've always talked to everyone and
so this is nothing new for me! It always reassures me that when I go home i
probably won't have changed too muxh h ahah! Anyway love you guys 💗 so
grateful for all that you do for me!
Friday: today was a really good day! We went
and tracted quiet a bit and guess what, we picked up 3 people!! Sister ussery
looks at me and goes, "Sister this never happens!!!" I told her its
cause you just gotta be bold and loving! Tbh she is very awkward... I'm having
a hard time adjusting to her.. but it's okay. So the first gal her name was
Kelsie and she let us right in to share a message with her! She said her and
her soon to be husband were looking for a church so they could raise there 2
boys up in religion. She was super nice! The other one was super dude Ed!! He
also wanted to learn more but said he wants his girlfiend to be apart of it!
Then the last was Corrine and she was busy but said we could come back! So I
pray that each of them will let us come back and share a message! We then had
our first lesson together, it was good. Her name is Diane and shes super nice
and just looking for the right church. During thay lesson I feel like I did most
the talkin because sister ussery is so quiet. Then we had correlation with our
ward mission leader and ya that was about our day! It was funny sister ussery
looked at me today and said "it's weird cause you are such a girly
tomboy" haha everyone says that, I don't get it😂
Sarurday: geepers what a day!!! Today we
heard from our area 70, Elder Bennett! He's a good guy! We literally sat there
for 8 hours today and only had a half hour break!!! We had like a prep meeting
as the MLC and it was really cool because he was telling us that with our calls
we aren't just supervisors but we are leaders of the Boston Massachusetts
mission. It really hit me that in the whole mission there is only 18 sisters
with this same calling. Anywhoo after that we went in with the rest of the
missionaries and he talked for 6 hours straight!! Counciled us, taught us, told
stories, it was actually really good!!! Our mission was one of the top in the
US and is dropping.. so we have to change something and we came up with some great
ideas! I'm pumped, it's gonna be good! After that we had MLC again for about 2
hours and talked about what we need to change in the mission and how we are
going to do it! He shook all of our hands and oh man you can just feel the love
he has for us. After that we had 2 lessons at Uconn tonight! First with Allen,
he's Chinese and reslly struggled understanding English so that was tough. The
second lesson was with Greg and he's awesome! It's just really hard for me to
adjust teaching with sister ussery. Sister p and I had great powerful and
spiritual lessons and I don't even feel the spirit in our lessons. She s so shy
and after she says something she says like "I guess.." and just
doesnt sound confident at all.. it makes it really hard. She doesnt bear testimony
which is key!!! And i just feel like i have to do most the talking.. but I'm
praying that my heart will soften and I'll learn to love her as much as I did
Sister P. Because i know the Lord put us together for a reason and I'm gonna
make the best of it! Sorry for my boobin! But I'm hangin in there! Love you
guys! Miss ya tons!
Sunday: geepers our ward is so small!! Maybe
30 people total! But they seem pretty awesome!! We had 2 major miracles happen
today! First someone just walked into church today!! Is name is Brannon and he
is church shopping right now!! We gave him a bom, he enjoyed sacrament and we
are meeting with him this week!! Then after church we had to do conversion up
and coming, that's where the STLs call every companionship in the zone and see
how they are doing and we have certain questions to ask about there people on
date foe baptism, that took forver and then we went to dinner with the Butlers,
they are so cool!! Then we stopped by a referral and her name is Elizabeth she
wants religion in her life and we started teaching her!! As we were walking
sister ussery said, "Sister you're bringing miracles to Ashford!! I've
never seen this my whole mission" I told her it's definitely not me it's
the Lord. This isn't my work, But the lords. And I love being an instrument in
his hand!! Then tonight we had correlation with the zone leaders just to talk
about what the zone needs and how they are doing and honestly I love being an
STL and just being a leader, I feel so blessed! Well that was our day! I hope
you guys had a great sunday!!
Canr wait to talk to you, it's been a long
week! But I love you so so much 💗💗
Xoxo. Sista Smoot
October 1, 2018
Most the time I'll say wow this week
went by so fast but really this week went so slow! It was opposite, the days went
so quick and week dragged on! But I survived!!! With that being said-- hello
from Ashford Connecticut!! this week consisted of lots of goodbyes which was
super hard:( i left behind some great people and great friendships in the
Springfield area but I'm here making some more with the people of Ashford! My
new companion is Sister Ussery and she is also from Utah, she is super quiet
and that is taking some time to get used to.. with that being said i do a lot
of the talking so i have already felt like I've grown so much in just the past
5 days. We are gonna have a killer transfer together though!
Here are some of the miracles we've
been able to see over the week.
-My first night here we stopped by a member
who has some mental problems and she lives with her dad. Sister Ussery
has been over the multiple times and never has met him. Well this night he
actually came out and talked to us and then he invited us over for dinner!! he
is not a member so that is really cool!!
-We went tracting the other day and we
started teaching 3 new people!! this never happens so heavenly father is
definitely blessing us.
-Saturday we got to hear from our area 70,
Elder Bennett. He is such an amazing man and so inspired! We have been slacking
as a mission and so something needs to change! We know that we need to work
hard and even though we may not see the results right now, it doesn't mean our
effort is going unnoticed. He really inspired me to just get to work and give
it my all.
-Last but not least, last night we went and
stopped by a referral and we caught her right in time, she is looking for
religion and just trying to find peace in her life, we testified to her that
the Book of Mormon will change her life and i know that to be true. As we were
walking away Sister Ussery looked me and said, "Sister this never happens,
you are bringing miracles to Ashford. I haven't seen this my whole
transfer." But it hit me, its not me. This is all the Savior. This isn't
my work this is his work. So i really have just been thinking about that and
how we cant do this work alone, not only that but we cant get through this life
alone. That's why we have the Savior because he knows exactly what we are going
through and the way we can fulfill our main goal is through his grace and the
atonement. What a privilege it is to have a solid understanding of the Church
of Jesus Christ.
Well with conference being this week, this is
my challenge for each of you. Think of some questions you may have and need
answered, write them down and take them to General Conference. I know that your
questions you have will be answered! On a side note, I love this quote by Elder
Neil L. Anderson, "A prophet does not stand between you and the Savior.
Rather, he stands beside you and points the way to the Savior." The
prophets are here to lead us and guide us back to the savior, apply the council
president nelson and the other general authorities will give us this coming
weekend and I know it will only help you 💗
I love each of you and pray for you daily.
Have a great week and as always.. Keep on keepin on!
xoxo. Sista Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment