March 11, 2019
Well, its been quite a week of emotions here
in Madison. This week I was shocked by some unfortunate news that I am being
transferred away from this place I call home to a new area, Marlborough
Massachusetts. At this point all I can say is I feel very blessed that I was
able to come and serve in such a beautiful part of the Lords vineyard and even
though it was for only a short 6 weeks I know that I have created friendships
that will last forever. I am so grateful for the people I have been able to
teach the gospel to and watch it change their lives. As unfair as this is, all
I have to say at this point is "not my will, but thine be
done". I can fully say that I trust in the Lord and I surely trust
this perfect plan. Madison has forever changed me and will forever be called my
home, surrounded with people I love most. <3
On the bright side we had a pretty incredible
week and all of our friends are really progressing.
HIGHLIGHTS & UPDATES:
Rodriguez Family: We almost got Carlos
to commit to baptism on April 20th but he said that God hasn't given him the
answer that he is ready. Slowly but surely Carlos is progressing and mentioned
he could be baptized very soon. We had a fun smore night with them this week
and they just warm my heart.
Megan: We taught her all of the
commandments this week and she is already living them and just eager to be
baptized. Only about 12 days away eeeeeeekkkk
Scott and Nathan: They are doing so
well, when we got there for our appointment the other day Nathan had taken
notes on everything he had studied and made a timeline. He has tired out many
different churches and bore testimony that this one feels right. They are
preparing to be baptized in May but that will most likely take place sooner.
Steve: He came to church yesterday for
the first time and loved it!! We were told he even made a comment in Priesthood
that reffered to us as his angels. Love him and gonna miss sharing the gospel
with him, he is so converted. March 30th cant come sooner for him as he makes
his first covenant with God.
Victoria: Also progressing really well,
this week she mentioned, "I know this is true. I can feel loved ones on
the other side influencing me to follow this path"
Jean Pierre Family- I saved the best for
last, I LOVE MY HAITIANS. They finally came to church yesterday and loved it!!
The Haitian elders also came to our lesson yesterday and taught them in their
own language and they truly felt the spirit. This family means the world to me,
Rachelle said, "That night you two knocked our door, i knew i needed to
let you in". Now the gospel is impacting their life in so many ways!! They
are so cute and gave me a going away necklace for Haiti, that i will forever
cherish.
RANDOM:
-Well I went about 9 months without getting
in trouble with the cops ;) This week we got the cops called on us because
someone thought we were gonna break into their house, so that was fun as a
couple cop cars came and surrounded our car haha.
-I ordered my first official plate of fish 'n
chips!!! aint so bad ;)
-Sister Terry learned how to make the sound
of a jake brake, so at least she took something away from these last 6 weeks
with me ;)
SPIRITUAL:
Yesterday in Relief Society the spirit really
slapped me. After finding out that I was leaving my immediate reaction was
"Why me??, I've worked so hard for this" well it just happened to be
that we read over a talk called "Lift Up Your Head and Rejoice " and
it started off with that exact question that I have had. M. Joseph Brough simply
stated after we ask that question to remember this, "that all these things
shall give [us] experience, and shall be for [our] good" I know that we
are all facing different things in our life at this time but that you are going
through this specific challenge for a reason becuase God trust you. He trust
that you will come out of it stronger than you were before.
Here is to the best 6 weeks in Madison and
finding home in Marlborough. Hoorah for gathering scattered Israel.
143
Xoxo. Sista Smoot
Here is my new address:
16 Redbud Way #23
Marlborough MA 01752
No comments:
Post a Comment