Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 69 - "I'm in love"


October 7, 2019


Nancy summed up my week by her response to conference, "I'm in love". I'm in love with my mission. I'm in love with the gospel. I'm in love with the savior. I am so happy and so blessed to be here in Boston. This week we have transfers but unfortunately we won't find out until Tuesday evening if we will be leaving or not. Praying I get to stay in the blessed land of Boston  
Well, I hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I did. It was very empowering and a great reminder to trust in the Lord and in his plan. Life has taken a lot of hard and unexpected turns lately but I'm grateful for the reassurance and knowledge that God will always make things work together for our good and all he asks is that we trust in him. How simple is that? 
Nothing too crazy happened this week, had 2 more exchanges with the lovely sisters, Sister Lima and Sister Woolley. It was so fun being with both of them. As always, we worked hard, laughed, and loved. 

Few quick updates on the work, Jeff and Ky are doing fabulous!! This week in our lesson they had so many questions we were able to answer. They watched conference and had a lot of great things stick out to them. I sure love them. 

Sadly, we were teaching Elsie the other day and she was telling us about how her brother in law has been sick and when we were there with her she received a call saying that he had just passed away. It was so tragic to hear but we know God has a plan. 
Got to cook with Some Brazilians this week and that was fun, I love being out here because we are surrounded by so many different cultures and we get to learn about so many of them. 

Signing off today with a quote from conference, Michelle Craig was talking about a verse in Nephi and she pointed this out "Nephi says "A way" not "The way"". 
God's plan for YOU is perfect. It may not be what you expect but it will always be what you need. Trusting in God and his plan is never easy but I testify that His way is always the path that leads to happiness.  

It was a pretty casual and simple week so not much of an update. Hope you all had the opportunity to feel of Christ's love this weekend as you watched His Holy Prophet speak to us. Always remember him in all that you do. Time to run off to the city, catch ya later! Love you all💓
Xoxo. Sister Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment