December 31, 2019
Wow what a wonderful week! There is nothing
like Christmas in the mission field,and honestly no words to describe it. The
Joy you feel as you focus on the true meaning is something so special. We had
the opportunity to go to a soup kitchen and serve a Christmas lunch to everyone
and hand out some presents and it truly brought light to the room knowing that
those who didn't have much were being taken care of on such a special day! I
joke with my dad that maybe ill extend my mission just so I can spend one more
mission serving the Lord, after all that is what it is all about!
Anyway wanna know something random? If there
is anything I've gotten used to over the past 7 months on my mission it is dogs
and smelling like smoke all the time, BUTTTT that just means we are teaching
people who are in need of the gospel to change there lives around! So we saw a
lot of small miracles this week but there is one big one that i want to focus
on.
FAVORITE MIRACLE OF THE WEEK:
-Every morning as a missionary we plan our
day out and let the spirit guide it. Well this particular day we felt prompted
to go to a town we usually don't work in and I put some former friends and less
actives we could potentially stop by. Well as the night came we were running
behind and didn't have much time before an appointment so we first put in a
member and last minute we decided that didn't feel right. We decided we would
go stop by someone who ordered a Book of Mormon in June, her name is Robin.
When we got there she let us in and she couldn't believe we were there. She
kept saying "is this real? this isn't real" "I'm dreaming right
now" well needless to say, Robin has been going through a lot and has been
praying to God to send someone to her. She then saw us in a dream and when we
showed up at her door she could not believe that God had actually answered her
prayers and sent us to her in real life. She told us that she was thinking to
take her life that night but because we showed up at the time we did she no
longer will. There are people just like Robin all over the world who are
searching for the truth and who need to know they are loved and luckily the
Lord trust Sister Ussery this particular night to go and save one of his
special daughters. I am so excited to start teaching Robin about the restored
gospel here on this earth.
SPIRITUAL THOUGHT:
"Often, the answer to our prayers does
not come while we're on our knees but while we're on our feet serving the Lord
and serving those around us." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Each and every morning when I pray I always
ask for the guidance through out the day that I will be an answer to someones
prayer. When we ask, God will answer and give us opportunities, we MUST act in
faith.
I hope you all can feel the love that the
Savior and our Heavenly Father has for YOU. He knows each of you by name and
cares for you. Have a blessed and lovely week <3
Keep on keepin on.
xoxo. Sista Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment