Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 55 - The power of being YOU!


July 1, 2019


Hello again! 
Whoever said missions were fun, they were so right!! But they also wear ya out. This week was crazy busy. We had 3 exchanges and boy do I just love the sisters I get to serve with. They are so incredible and true disciples of Christ. I always learn so much from them. 

You ready for a wild update on Marlborough?! They say hard work pays off and I'm really starting to believe it!  
We have 2 new baptismal dates. 
-Bruce accepted to be baptized August 31st! 
-Fernando is someone we met street contacting last week and he is crazy. He has already read almost the whole book of Mormon and instantly knew it was true. He asked if he could be baptized this Sunday but we have to teach him, so for now July 13th is the day. 
-new friend Ruben, we also met him street contacting out side of a liquor store and possibly thought he was drunk.. but he wasn't!! Had a solid lesson this week and He asked, "how do I get baptized?" He came to church and afterwards said, "this is perfect. This feels so right and feels so different from all other churches" we then had a little ysa get together with him and played some football, baseball, and spike ball! It was super fun! 
- Nicole and Wagner are being missionaries!! They brought a friend with them to church this week and have 2 more coming next week. So proud of them!
-Wen Yu really opened up to us this week and started crying. She is starting to identify the Holy Ghost and has come so far. She recieved a preisthood blessing this week and we are so excited to set a baptismal date with her soon. 
-lesson with Julian was absolutely incredible!! He also started getting emotional and prayed again . Slowly but surely I think he is starting to realize their is a God. 
-Shoutout to Ashley for bringing all 4 kids to church by herself this week! She is such a great example. 
-Anand is just Anand and he is hilarious. Half the time he is in his own little world! Gotta love him. 

Needless to say some incredible things are happening and the Lord's work is hastening! 

Spiritual: 
-There was a farewell this week and I loved something she said, "I've been called to serve the Lord's people and they are ready everywhere"
-"The talents and abilities of church members are reservoirs of blessings when they are willingly shared."
-Jesus speaking to Peter, "What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever." Are you willing to do whatever it takes to be a disciple of Christ forever?

There is power in being YOU!! You have a divine identity as a child of God. He loves you, he knows you, and is ALWAYS there for you. He has given you certain talents and skills for the benefit of the world. Don't forget to use them. 
I love you all! 

As always, keep on keepin on. 
Xoxo. Sister Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment