Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 43 - Be the light πŸ’‘☀️


April 8, 2019

Well another week has come and gone! This week was Wild. We had interviews with president, exchanges, and of course General Conference! 
So the work here in Marlborough has been pretty slow and a little rough. This week we had a lot of appointments fall through, spent a lot of time tracting and we didn't find one person who was interested in hearing our message😞 It has been a little frustrating but in times like this you get a mini glimpse of how Christ feels. He went through so much rejection and always carried on, He was so strong. 

Updates: 
Ashley: Monday she had a really bad day so we went and bought her favorite Mangos and wrote a note and dropped them on her door step. We later were told by her Boyfriend, "she burst into tears while reading it and i think this was her first real encounterment with the holy ghost." Little acts can always go so far, you never know what it can mean for someone! We worked out with her this week and man, I couldn't go up stairs for a few days πŸ˜‰
David: His anxiety is really taking control, we briefly saw him this week and things are still the same, still just trying to gain a testimony for himself! 


Random facts of the week:
-I went to a Portugese area and that was a blast we gave the English sisters 3 refferals, went on a 2 mile walk, and 
-Sister Mavromatis (Mission Presidents wife) went teaching with us this week, that was a very spiritual experience. As she bore testimony to the person we were teaching he started tearing up, what a powerful woman! 
-for interviews president had us write a question, doubt, concern, or challenge and bring it. Mine was "how do I retain the things I am studying and learning?" And for those of you who don't know, President has broken English and he writes on the paper and turns it around and says "join the club" I thought that was funny πŸ˜‚
- we drove past a party house where girls were in black dresses and red solo cup in hand. Sister young lost in what are the odds and had to knock on the party house.. turned out to be grannys 50th birthday partyπŸ₯‚ never judge a book by its cover 🀷‍

To end this email on a good note, I'll share a spiritual experience I had with conference. This week I have been down a little bit more than usual so before conference yesterday I decided to read over 2 priesthood blessings I received in the past in which they both stated, "remember your reason for coming out on a mission" I thought it was odd that specific part stood out to me! As I listened to sister Eaubanks talk she talked about how we all have an individual light and we have to let it shine.
For those of you who don't know, this was the exact reason for why I decided to serve a mission. I was at a girls camp, it was late at night and we were all gathered in a big circle. We were each given a marshmallow with a candle in it. One person started with their candle lit and we passed it around the circle, each helping eachother light their own candle. In this exact moment I knew that even though my light might be dim and small I wanted to go share it with others! Now here I am! In sister Eaubanks talk she shared we must let our single light bulb shine πŸ’‘πŸ•―
I know that each of you have a special light as well, always remember to "let your light so shine" [3 Nephi 12:16] 

Have a wonderful week and as always keep on keepin on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment