October 22, 2018
Man it's already Thursday!! We have seriously
been so busy! We've been finding so many new friends and meeting some less
actives so that's been reslly good! Also been busy with sister training leader
stuff so this week is flying bye! I'll try to do fast recaps of the Day! (This
helps me write my weekly anyway hah)
Tuesday: we had some conference today and it
was so amazing!! I received so much revelation about things I can improve on yo
become a better missionary, I love that we can always find something to work
on! We also gave a training in front of everyone!! At first I was really
nervous but as I got up there the spirit just calmed me down and it went really
well!
-Peter Thompson: he is a less active, older
guy, his wife passed away about 2 years.. he is very lonely:( he fed us some
dang good dinner and we had a really good lesson with him, we figured out that
he is scared to come to church because he feels so lonely as everyone is
sitting with their families :( but we are gonna get him there!! We are gonna
visit him each week :) nice guy! Kinda makes me think of gpa Smoot! :)
-valentin:less active we stopped bye! He was
awesome!! He hasn't been yo church for years and admitted he doesn't have a
valid excuse for not coming! He pinky promised us he would be there this Sunday
so I'm praying he comes with his wife and son (who aren't members!!)
-Lisa aka Shannon, we had an uncontaced
refferal so we stopped by her, she ended up moving and Shannon now lives there!
She is very kind!! She said she would like to start going back to church!! We
shared a mini resto with her and gave her a book of Mormon and are meeting with
her next week!
We've never found so many people to teach!!
Sister ussery says the past 3 weeks we've found more people to teach than her
whole mission, it's crazy what talking to everyone does(;
Wednesday: man what a day of craziness again!
We haven't been getting home till 9:30 almost every night!! But today we had 3
appointments and last minute they all canceled so that was really
discouraging:( moments like that suck haha but I just try to keep a positive
attitude! Sister Ussery was gettin down and I said "Heavenly father needs
us yo find someone else tonight!!" And postivw attidtude brings positive
results (; first off today we did service at the soup kitchen, it was kinda
long today hah! But then we went to the library to try and do studies but ended
up talking to people instead!! (I love it)
-kevin: our new friend we met in the library!
He was there to tutor but his student didn't show up so he sat there and talked
to us for about 45 minutes, he was very interested in learning more! We set up
an appointment for next week and he was very excited to read the book of Mormon
because He has a lot of questions and we told him they can be answered there!
Also started talking about trucks and dirtbikes, he has a 6.0 powerstroke, and
a yz250, he does landscaping as a side job and had a skidsterr, so I related to
him, that's the best!!
-Jeanne: older lady who is less active we got
into her building but she didn't answer her door, we called her and she actuslly
gets the sacrament brought to her but we set up a time to come see Her and she
is so so so excited to see the sisters!! It's the cutest thing ever:)
-RAYMAN!!! We stopped by rayman and he was
outside!! The moment he saw us he smiled and waved! We talked to him, he's so
awesome!! Hes coming to church on Sunday and he said "I even have a suit
to wear" so that is solid!! He doesn't have a phone so it's hard to get a
hold of him but he's so cool!! And I know he's gonna get baptized!!
-hector Vincente- less active guy and his
family aren't members! They let us right in and he hasn't been for years but he
used to be super active he has a hard time with some of the things now.. but we
talked to his wife and we are going to have a family home evening!! I'm so excited!
As you can see we have been workin pretty
hard! I love bein a missionary💗 but mom you are gonna be proud of how well I'm
eating!! Today for breakfast I had a smoothie! Bananas, strawberries, yogurt,
milk, and protein powder. For lunch I had cheestick with Turkey, almonds, and a
yogurt! And for dinner I had tomatoes, carrots, grapes, and a protein meal
bar!! Are you proud of me or what!?!? I just had to brag for a second;))
Thursday: today was a very rough day... we
lost four of our friends.
-Joel: he was supposed to be baptized on
November 3rd, but we have not been able to meet with him for almost a month. We
set up an appointment with him yesterday and he bailed. So we've tried calling
him and have a been able to get ahold of him so when he decided that were done.
-eric and greg: they are uconn students,
we've been teaching them every weekend! But they text us today, and said that
they decided this church wasn't for them. We are so sad because they were so
awesome! :(
-reilly: our friend we found last week, we
were supposed to meet with him but he ended up dropping us :(
But that was our day.. we finally got to do
studies this morning which was nice! We then did weekly planning and then went
to sister prisbys and cleaned for about 3 hours, I'm grateful for the
cleanliness of my home and not having pets lol.
-Diane: She is sticking for her baptism next
Saturday(: I'm stoked!! Also we found out that she only gets 943 dollars a
month and 650 of it goes to the landlord.. but she said she will committ to pay
tithing. She told us that she didn't have a white bra for the baptism, so
that $25 gift card you guys sent to me I wrote a sticky note and said
go by yourself a white bra with this and gave it to her! Hope that's okay! I
know that it will help her out... hopefully it's not against the rules
lol!
Then tonight we just had correlation! We got
home late again tonight, we've been so busy!! But guess what sister ussery told
me driving home, this has been her best transfer of her whole mission, I've
also been doing little acts of service for her each day to love her more and
she noticed and said something about it!! It made me happy 💗 we've come a long
ways!! But gotta hit the hay, love ya!!
Friday: on exchanges tonight so that's always
fun! But today was a good day! On our way to district council we stopped by a
bible reffwral and the dad was home and he invited us back to come teach his
family on Sunday!! I hope it goes well, it's every missionaries dream to teach
and baptize a family!! But then district council went good! We did a role play
in front of everyone and it was so funny everyone said im a very bold
missionary, but I do it with love! So that was cool!! Bold but loving is the
perfect combo! Then after d.c. we left for exchanges and I went to Groton with
sister Henderson (mtc hommie) and sister Anderson! It's a good time! We went
and did service for a couple hours at goodwill and then went to dinner at a
japanese restaurant with a member and it was like tepanayki, so good!! I even
ate a piece of shrimp!! Proud of me ?(; I almost tried scallops but not quiet
there lol but then we were supposed to have a lesson and the guy dropped us...
so that was sad:( it's the only friend the sisters had.. so we went and saw a
member and they were awesome!! He gave me a loaf of bread to take back to
ashford and then we came home and did studies! Sometimes it's hard being a
leader.. we've been asked to role play everyday foe comp study and they haven't
been doing it so I made them do it tonight and sister Anderson was super rude
and sassy and was like "im not doing a role play. I did one at district
council and they are stupid anyway" and I just have to try and be an
example... so its reslly hard.. But ya it was a good day! Love y'all!
Saturday: let's just say I'm happy to be back
in Ashford with sister Ussery tonight! Exchanges were good but pretty rough, I
just felt like I was walking on pins and needles with sister Anderson. But I
survived! First thing this morning we did studies and then went and visited a
few less actives and then went to Chick-fil-A and exchanged back with the
sisters! When we made it back to Danielson we sat in the car and talked for a
while about our exchanges... Which led to our new friend Alyssa!
Alyssa- we went to go stop by a member and
she was outside and we asked if the member lived there, she said no and we told
her we were looking for apartment A and she said I actually live there! We told
her who we were and what we did and asked if she was religious. She said she
recently found out that she was pregnant with twins and started praying and has
been praying to know if there is really a god. Well needless to say we showed
up! We taught her practically the whole restoration and she loved it and loved
the idea of it and invited us to come back! We will be seeing her on Monday
during P day!
Diane- we then had another solid lesson with
Diane and taught her about missionary work and went over all the baptismal
interview questions! She has come a far away! I love her so much and love
seeing the change in her and she just makes my heart so happy!!
The rest of the evening we just mostly
tracted but didn't have any luck! But get this the sisters yesterday found five
new friends yesterday!! So we have found a total of nine new friends this week
and as a Zone we have found 21 so far! Pretty crazy!
Sunday: today was a solid day!!! We had 3
lessons!! Can you believe it? First off we had a great time at church! Diane
was there but no one else came :( it was funny we were talking to brother Mann
and we were saying how busy we are and sister ussery looks at me and was like
"this girl is workin me hard!! She s a go getter" I love it! I wanna
have a rep in the mission field for being a hard worker! That's how I've always
been raised (; but then we were supposed go start teaching Felix and his family
but we showed up and he came and told us that his wife said Mormonism isn't for
them.. that kinda stinks :( but then we were supposed to meet with Lynette and
she didn't answer the door:(
Tisha- we had such a good first lesson with
her!! She is pretty strong in her other church but that isn't stopping us! It
was cool She s been wondering about the bible a lot lately and has a lot of
questions and she said that the BOM is gonna answer them! So she s so awesome!!
We get to teach her 3 kids next week when we go over! She's so kind and I love
her so much already!!
-alex: solid first lesson wiyh them! He isn't
really religious but he has a lot to change! After we walked out the member who
went with us said wow I love teaching with you guys!! And "he's golden!!
He has been being prepared" so I'm pretty hopeful!
-rayman: he was half asleep the whole
lesson... but Idk how I really feel about him.. He makes me nervous.. everytime
I shake my hand he just holds it and looks at me and it creeps me out.. he's in
his 20s and I'm now afraid of stuff happening after Carlos. But he saw my ring
and said "are you married?" And I said "no its a promise
ring" and he was like oh man I want a promise ring and looks at me.. so I
think he might be meeting with us for the wrong intentions.. but we will give
him a chance!
It was such a solid week! It went by crazy
fast!!! We found 10 new friends and as a zone we found 23 which is 3x the week
before! How cool is that?! Man this is work is the best!!! Love yoh so muxh and
excited to chat!! Also let me know if you like these day by days or not? And
what you want me to focus on?
October 22, 2018
Hello all you wonderful people!! Man this
week has definitely been full of ups and downs! We had zone conference the
beginning of the week and that went really well, we had to give a training to
everyone who was there so that was a little scary but it went really good! Zone
conference always pumps me up to go out and work hard and that's exactly what
we did! The Lord is so so so merciful, he lead us to find 10 new friends this
week which is such a miracle! But to get there we went through 2 days full of rejection
and discouragement.. on Wednesday we had 3 appointments and they all fell
through... but we were then lead to our new friend Kevin!
Kevin: We met him in the library as we
were trying to do studies! He was there to tutor but his student didn't show up
so he sat there and talked to us for about 45 minutes, he was very interested
in learning more! We set up an appointment for next week and he was very
excited to read the book of Mormon because He has a lot of questions and we
told him they can be answered there! Also started talking about trucks and dirt
bikes, he has a 6.0 power stroke, and a yz250, he does landscaping as a side
job and had a skidsterr, so I related to him, that's the best!!
Thursday we lost 4 friends which broke our
heart:( We were teaching Eric and Greg every week but they decided that it
wasn't for them and that they wanted to focus on school.. so that was kind of a
bummer.. its days like these that are just really hard being a missionary.. but
we kept the faith and i told Sister Ussery, "God is just preparing us for
something big!!" because all we can control is our attitude and not others
actions. That's one of the biggest things i've learned on my mission so far!
We then went on exhanges this weekend which
went well! sometimes its just hard being a leader but you do it anyway. But as
we returned back from exchanges, Sister ussery and i were talking about how
they went whcih lead to our new friend Alyssa!!
Alyssa- we went to go stop by a member and
she was outside and we asked if the member lived there, she said no and we told
her we were looking for apartment A and she said I actually live there! We told
her who we were and what we did and asked if she was religious. She said she
recently found out that she was pregnant with twins and started praying and has
been praying to know if there is really a god. Well needless to say we showed
up! We taught her practically the whole restoration and she loved it and loved
the idea of it and invited us to come back! She is such a nice gal and we were
an answer to her prayers.
Last but not least, Diane is still doing
amazin as ever and is preparing to enter the waters of baptism this coming
Saturday, she is incredible and has changed so much and found true
happiness.
I feel like so many other good things have
happened this week! But i don't have anymore time to write about it. But the
quote of the week is, "Remember, 7 days without prayer makes 1 weak."
I know this to be true. We have to pray everyday so that we can strengthen our
relationship with Heavenly Father. I love you all and hope you had a great
week!!
Keep On Keepin On.
Xoxo. Sista Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment