August 19, 2019
The mission is going by way too fast and this
past week we definitely had some fun and lived it up. It was a grand time, on
top of that we had 3 exchanges and officially took over the elders teaching
pool so it's been a crazy week but I wouldn't want it any other way.
Zainab is getting baptized this weekend and I
am so excited for her. I know this is going to help her in so many ways. Life
has been really difficult for her lately and I can't believe how well she holds
it together. I admire her for her strength, that's for sure. Yesterday I sat
with her in church and tried helping Zabina and Zion since they were out of
control and it was so tiring. It makes me appreciate all the moms and dads out
there who come to church and sit in sacrament meeting even when it's hard and
your kids are all over the place. It's definitely not an easy task!
Gladys came to church yesterday and brought
her husband from Zimbabwe, her grandson, and his Nanny. Look at her being a
missionary! She is the cutest woman, we read the in the Book of Mormon with
her, she amazes me at how well she retains these things, because of that the
spirit is so strong in our lessons.
Debra is still being Debra. I got called out
again this week from her. Only this time it was a little bit more bold haha.
She told me that she likes Sister Perkins because she is strong and her
testimony is deep within her and that I'm a little bit more weak and still
learning. The best part about this is I am still learning!! All I can say is
that I've come a long ways since the beginning of my mission and that's what I
have to be grateful for.
Exchange miracles:
I got to go on exchanges with Sister
Bernhardt who is from Canada and we visited a less active member, had a good
talk with her and we were pretty bold about getting her to come to church on
Sunday and she did!!!
Also went with Hermana Trythall, it's her
first transfer and wow I was so amazed. She is so incredible, hard working,
diligent, and so loving! She is from Texas and so for dinner I took her to
Texas Road House for her first time! That place is my weakness.
I also got to go with Sister Sanders and this
was such a fun filled day! We got to celebrate Cynthias birthday with her and
took her some cake. It was so funny, she wants me to marry her son in Nigeria
and made me face time him. On the bright side of things, he wants to meet with
missionaries over there! We also got invited to a game night with some
people from the Christian scientist church. It was so much fun, even though I
lost Uno every time π
Overall, something I love about being able to
minister to all these sisters is that i get to just love them and to let them
know that what they are doing is enough and helping them to see the missionary
they came become. It's such a wonderful opportunity to get to know these
sisters and to help them.
Missions can be so hard but something i am so
grateful for is that God really let's his missionaries love his children. This
week I realized just how much all of these people mean to me and how they
really do have a special place in my heart. Everytime we get to visit with them
I am reminded of God's indefinite power and love. THERE IS NOTHING
BETTER! I don't know why it is that God trusts 18-20 year olds to go and
share a message about the greatest thing that is upon this earth but I am so
honored each and everyday to represent Christ and be his hands.
I will end this email with a short quote from
Elder Holland, "If you are trying hard and living right and things still
seem burdensome and difficult, take heart. Others have walked that way before
you."
I know how hard life can get, how easy it is
to beat ourselves up, and to some days feel like what you are doing isn't
enough but always remember that if you are trying that's what matters. Christ
will ALWAYS make up the difference. All he asks is that we come unto him.
Thanks for the prayers, the love, and the
support.
Sorry if my emails are lame and super
repetitive. I still suffer with putting my true feelings and thoughts into
words π
Keep on keepin on.
Xoxo. Sister Smoot
Address:
19 Ackley place #2
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
No comments:
Post a Comment