August 5, 2019
Whattssss up everyone? Well another week has
come and gone and I am so grateful for the Lord and the ability he has to give
us strength to keep going even when things get hard. This week a lot of
incredible miracles took place!
Miracle of the week: WE GOT BEDS!! We don't
have an apartment right now and have been living on the floor in the Spanish
sisters apartment. This week we finally got beds which means no more
floor!
The "miracle call" is where I think
I'll start today. So I was on exchanges with Sister Brand and we had a change
of plans because an appointment fell through and through a series of events we
felt prompted to call someone in our area book who hasn't had any contact with
missionaries for about 5 months. When we called him he answered and told us
that he was about to kill himself. We asked if we could meet with him and he
said that would be okay. We got the Hiatian Creole elders to join us and we had
an incredible and powerful lesson. Jeneves said that had it not been for our
call at that exact moment he would have been dead. How grateful am I for the
promptings of the spirit and the knowledge of knowing that God loves each of
us.
We set a baptismal date with our friend Debra
for Septemeber 28th and she is really excited! She is so funny and always has
something to say. In fact this week when we went over she could tell something
was up and just looks at me (Not having any background info) and says,
"your world is not falling apart. You're gettin to me now, where is your
faith at?" She is also a woman who is very in tune with the spirit and can
read people, it's a little scary 😂
We had Nancy's wedding this week and it was
so much fun!! We went out on a ship and sailed around for a while. Watched the
ceremony, ate some good food, and danced! It was honestly such a good time and
a moment I really needed to just laugh and have fun!
Zainab came to church yesterday and loved it.
Literally this woman is my whole life. I like to think she is my dosage of
happy pills that I need each week because everytime we see her she has always
got me goin! Blessed to have people like her that makes life so
enjoyable.
Well I could go on and on but for now I think
I'll stick to a spirtual thought.
"Seek for those who will cheer you on,
support you, celebrate with you, and even push you to be more than you are at
the moment. Be that person for others."
It is so important to surround ourselves with
others who uplift us and help us to become better. In return we have to be the
same for others. I know that everyday we have so much potential to become like
our Savior and its not easy but when we try to act like he would, to say the
things he would, and to comfort as he does we will blessed with so many
opportunities to serve those people around us.
Always remember that when life gets hard and
you make mistakes there is always tomorrow to become better and to become the
best you. Life's not easy at times but always know that GOD LOVES YOU!♡
Love you all and thanks for all the support.
Always remember to Keep on keepin on.
Xoxo. Sister Smoot
Address:
19 Ackley place #2
Jamaica Plain MA 02130
No comments:
Post a Comment