January 28, 2019
Well BIG NEWS!! Sister Ussery and I are both
leaving Ashford and will be being replaced with elders.... I am headed to a new
area, Madison CT and will be right on the coast! My new companion will be
Sister Terry and we will be replacing elders as well down there which means we
will be learning the area together. I am so excited for the new adventure that
awaits but I do have to add a lot of tears have been shed saying goodbye to
those I love most here in Ashford.
This week was really rough, we both got sick
and were out a few days which wasnt very fun but we are both kickin now and
back to workin and stayin busy. One cool miralce we witnessed as we have been
teaching Raymond, we were in a lesson teaching him the Restoration and he said,
"when can i get baptized" it was so cool to witness someone so eager
to follow Jesus Christs example of being baptized.
Since its my last week in Ashford I just
wanted to share a few of my favorite things i have been able to witness here/
things i have learned.
1. John. John is my favorite human. Saying
goodbye he said, "before I start turning into a bawl baby like my Utah
sisters over here.. remember don't settle for nothing less than awesome
sauce."
2. Diane. Her love for the gospel is out of
the world. I have never met someone so willing to follow God and she has been
so blessed by doing so. This isnt goodbye, just a cya later.
3. Brother Baer has made me realize that its
okay to have fun and be yourself. Whether that be from giving bee stings to him
or being at dinner this weekend and wiping sour cream on each-others
faces.
4. working at the soup kitchen has made me
realize that you never know what someone is going through but what you can do
to help is smile. YOU NEVER KNOW HOW FAR A SMILE CAN GO <3
5. Seeing someone change there life so much
that they can enter the house of the Lord is so unremarkable. It is a feeling
that you cant even explain.
6. It is okay to laugh with each other and
keep pushing forward even when you are struggling and don't wanna knock on the
next door just to hear another "I'm all set"
7. Sometimes the Lord will place specific
people in your path, in the right time, at the right place, he is
perfect.
Overall I have learned that the Savior is
aware of each and everyone of us. He knows us, he cares for us, and he truly
came here and died for each and every one of us. The gospel does change peoples
lives and i have loved being able to see that here in Ashford.
SPIRITUAL THOUGHT:
Elder Holland said in a talk, " Keep
loving. Keep trying. Keep Trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is
cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." Never feel like you are
going through this life alone, because you aren't. This next chapter of my
mission is for me to keep growing and I know there are people being prepared
and waiting for Sister Terry and I to come along. Just like there are people
waiting for YOU and for YOUR smile to help them.
I love you all. Have a fantastic week. Keep
on keepin on.
XOXO. Sista Smoot
ALSO!! here is my new address :)
6 Harbor Parkway Clinton, CT 06413
No comments:
Post a Comment