April 1, 2019
To my lovely friends and family, Another beautiful
and sunny week has passed and I have some fun updates for you!☀️
First off!! Something exciting happened for
me this week, for those of you have followed closely along this journey you
might remember my friend Allen who I was teaching in Ashford. He is from China
and while serving in Ashford we got to teach him everything but then he left
for vacation and we never got to finish cause we were transfered and he moved.
Well this weekend he got baptized and I got to FaceTime in!!! He was so excited
and said "i'm ready for a fresh start". So proud of him and how far
he has come!
Updates:
Ashley: She is whipping us into physical
shape and we are getting her into spiritual shape. This week we are officially
starting a meal plan she created for us while she reads the Book of Mormon,
prays, and watches bible videos. A big improvemnt we saw this week, she usually
comes to church with her Boyfriend Sean, who is a member.. yesterday she came
alone because he was sick! Needless to say, we love her. We are training with
her tonight, so just know if you dont hear from me next week.. she went too
hard on us πͺ
David: David is still David. Taking
things very slow, we are still trying to resolve his concerns but something is
not clicking for him. Starting with the basics.
Lauren and Carmen: Carmen wasn't able to
join us, but Lauren was there and we got to know more about her situation. We
asked how she thinks the gospel can help her and I loved her answer "in
tired of living in fear and unknown and need peace." I KNOW THE GOSPEL
BRINGS THAT!! That's exactly why I've sacrificed 18 months of my life to bring
people peace!!
Gregory: we started teaching him this
week and he loves the Book of Mormon and read 2 Nephi 31 and asked us how he
can get a fresh start.. I think we got that one figured out (; god led us to
him for a reason.
Sorry for the boring updated of the week...
want some fun highlights and miracle moments?
Highlights:
- We met someone this week named John Galvin
and he is so cool!! He does BMX bike, he used to ride a ktm 250 until he
crashed it into a tree. Anyway so we met him a city called Hudson as we were
leaving a members house and we talked for about 20 minutes and he said we could
come back, well then the next day we were on another side of our area and we
just parked our car and were walking around all day when we walked out of a
house and guess who was right there... JOHN!!! coincidence? I think not. GOD'S
TIMING!! He is super cool
- We ran into a crazy, drunk, perverted bible
basher on Saturday and he told us we don't know anything and need to live a
little. Good times. Being a missionary is fun, they said.
-ended a drug bust.. 5 cops later. I can't
get away from cops. What can I say π€·♀️
-got a good message from Megan (Madison
convert) this week.. she got her temple recommend, went to the temple and they
called her to be a Laurel advisor!! So happy for her.
This email is lame.. not too much happened
this week but hey this upcoming week should be pretty busy! Pumped for
conference! My challenge for each of you is to invite someone into your home to
watch conference with You, whether it be someone who is not actively attending
church or someone who is not a member. Confernece is for every one! Everyone
has questions they need answered and that is where they can be found.
Have an incredible and joyful week. I love
you all and I'm so blessed you are apart of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment