May 6, 2019
Hey what's up everyone?! Sorry to keep this
week short but we had district pday, had a cook out and went bowling so not
much time to write!
This week was great and just like always, the
Lord is blessing us to witness many miracles. Here are a few!
-We met with the Yan family and had a great
lesson. Forest has read the Book of Mormon stories 6 more times and knows the
stories so well. Wen Yu is still just trying to grasp her head around all of
this and is slowly making changes.
- We taught Ashley the Word of Wisdom this
week and she has a few things to give up but instantly said, "I know that
when we make sacrifices, God will bless us." I am always amazed with the
people we are teaching and how humble they are to accept God's will. Also about
out to her because she is such a great example to her Boyfriend Sean who is
returning Back to church.
- We had our first lesson with Julian this
week and to say the least it was so empowering and incredible. The spirit was
so strong. For someone who is atheist, he was very respectful and willing to
listen. He is truly seeking for truth and we know the Book of Mormon can help
come to find that he has a Heavenly Father who cares about him and loves
him.
-Michael Bearse text us this week and
included this in his text, "I was praying to God asking him to show me the
love he has in his heart so i can get it back in mine!! And then I met
you and miss you." We thought this was remarkable, we were an answer to
his prayers! (My favorite thing of being a missionary)
- We have been meeting With Margareth, who is
returning back to church and her daughter was back from school. We may or may
not have talked her into a mission, so that's pretty awesome! Missions are the
best choice you can make in this life. Seriously it's life changing.
- the best miracle of the week, for those of
you who don't know I have been allergic to Avocado ever since I was about 3 and
almost went into anaphylactic shock. This week I decided to try it in the
hospital parking lot and guess what.. NO ALLERGIC REACTION!!! I AM CURED!! I
have now ate avocado 3 days in a row and it's pretty delicious.
On a sad note... David decided not to meet
with us anymore because he doesn't believe that prophets recieve revelation
:(
Something I have definitely learned on my
mission is that God is exactly aware of who we are and what are needs are. GOD
IS GOOD AND HE LOVES YOU❤
Have a fantastic week and know I love y'all!
Keep on keepin on.
XOXO. Sista Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment