Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 26 -4 areas & a dead man!


December 3, 2018

This week has easily been one of the busiest weeks of my whole mission! I only served here in Ashford about 1 day haha. We went on 3 exchanges, had zone conference, and MLC so that was pretty much how our week went! 

-Went to Trumbull CT and that was quite the adventure, we got locked out of the apartment which is the 3rd time this has happened to me on exchanges!! 😂 but we got everyhting figured out! We had some fun on this exchange, between laughing the whole time, driving through car dealerships, and wrestling.. we got errr done and made some people smile! 

-we then had zone conference and wow it was amazing!! Elder Bennett, the area 70 came and talked to us and it was incredible and he pumps everyone up! He talked about how our mission is lacking on faith. We all need to have the mindset and faith that people wake up ready to recieve the gospel everyday and if we don't find them, they will find us! It was really good! 

-EXCHANGES WITH THEEEE SISTER CRONIN!!! I got to be a hermana for the day and with Hermana Cronin!!! It was such a blast, although I think I should stick to English (; we talked to a lot of people in Spanish and so I can't really tell ya what went on there (; but it was such a neat experience being with someone I grew up with who lived right across the street from me and seeing the growth that has taken place in both of us! She's amazing and I love her 💛

-We saw some really cool miracles right after Elder Bennett said we would be contacted!! We got out of our car and someone yelled out of the window for us!! We started talking to him, he knew we were the missionaries and he we asked if we could give him a card and so he came down stairs! He opened up to us and told us he was fighting depression and about took his life and now wants to build a relationship with God, he accepted a Book of Mormon! He was a really awesome kid! 

-Last but not least I went to Groton and we got to go spend some time with a less active and help her make sugar cookies! #lighttheworld #dayofservice but it was a fail and I decided I should stick to sharing the gospel (; 

Anyway the news you've all been waiting for.... so in church yesterday our bishop was supposed to get set apart and so his grandpa was there and he was the nicest guy and he got up and bore his testimony and about 15 minute later it sounded like someone was snoring behind us and we turn around and his wife was trying to wake him up and he wasn't waking up and he started to slowly stop breathing so bishop ran off the stand and his wife ran out and called the ambulance and long story short.. he went into cardiac arrest and they lost his heart beat and he quit breathing and they were doing CPR all during testimony meeting!! It was so scary!!! But they brought him back to life in the ambulance which was such a miracle! 

So as you can tell this week was hectic but we survived! Quick spiritual thought: Elder Bennett was talking about the prophet and said "Always be found behind the Prophet" when we do that we will be blessed and we will be happy! I love you all! Keep on keepin on💛 
Xoxo. 
Sista Smoot 

No comments:

Post a Comment