October 29, 2018
Tuesday: DIANE PASSED HER INTERVIEW!! so that
was pretty awesome!! Our day started out just average, I had a massive headache
this morning (its weird I get those a lot on the mish) and so I did a soft
workout and it didn't help haha but I had really good studies today so that
helped! We then went and did service, that went good! Then we went to the
chapel and had dianes interview which she passed with flying colors! We went
and visited a member who is old and she is so kind, i love her so much already!
We then went and had a lesson with Todd! He's a nice guy, just can't give up
coffee.. But then had dinner, Joel bailed on us again tonight... and so
that sucked.. so we are officially done trying :( we then had a lesson with
Russell and Katie, which went really good! It was probably the best one we've
ever had! Then did comp study tonight! But I gotta hit the hay! Love you guys 💗
Wednesday: today was a pretty boring day! It
consisted of studies, conversion up and coming, and an electronic DLC! It went
pretty well for the most part but it took half of our day! By the time we got
finished with everything, we had to go to Diane's! We were able to set up an
account for family history with her! And get her started with that, she seemed
super excited to get into it! She so awesome and I just love her so much! After
that we went to dinner at the fountains and it was delicious! We sat there and
talked for a while and then had a correlation afterwards! After correlation we
came back home and attempted to weekly plan! But we got distracted by planning
Diane's baptism (which we needed to do) , and trying to set up appointments
with people! I did about die though... I was eating peanut butter M&Ms
(thanks to Kayhyloo, she knows my weakness) and I swallowed one whole and
started choking and couldn't talk and looked a sister Ussery and she came over
and gave me the Heimlich, and I ran to the bathroom and was able to slither it
down... it scared the heck out of me... It hurt and I thought I was going to die
as my eyes started to feel with tears!😂 But don't worry I'm alive! I hope you
guys had a good day, love you so much!💛
Thursday: today was a very good day! We are
on exchanges so that's always fun! I'm in Rhode Island and it's great! Our day
started off with exchanging this morning and then going straight to a funeral
to serve lunch which was very sad... But then afterwards we went out to lunch
with a member and you guys are going to be so proud of me!!!! I first ordered a
good ole juicy burger, and sister Guzman ordered fish and chips! And I told her
that I promised my parents I would try fish and chips while i was on my
mission! And so I tried it! And it actually wasn't too bad, but my burger was
better😉 after lunch we went home and did studies! They went really well! Then
we went to dinner after we tried stopping by someone and dinner was delicious!
It reminded me of Kathyloo Sunday dinners with chicken and mashed potatoes and
gravy! So good! Then after we went and tried stopping by someone and sister
Guzman and I sat in the car and talked for a long time and she just vented and
let everything out and it was really good for her and then we went and got cold
stone to help her! And that was the best ice cream I've ever ate! But yeah it
was a pretty great day!
Friday: today we woke up and did studies,
then we went to District Council which is really good! We got a huge bag of
candy for each of us, I'm about to get fat... send help!!! Then we went and had
a lesson with our new friend Justin, he is very smart and very Catholic and
very stubborn but he is a nice guy and committed to coming to church! We then
went and had a lesson with Allen and taught him the word of wisdom he said he
drinks coffee, but he is going to live the word of wisdom so that was awesome!
Then we went to dinner at the Askwiths, they are my favorite! He reminds me a
lot like Grandpa Smoot and so I just love him! Then after dinner it was pretty
late, so we came home and contacted some uncontacted referrals! It was a great
day again!
Saturday: WHAT A SPECIAL DAY!!! dianes
baptism was today and it went so good!! Well kinda... lol. But I'll get there
(; first off studies today were so Good! I am reading about alma and amulek and
they are so amazing and I just relate to them so much, it's great!! Then after
studies which went a little long.. we made a bomb lunch and then we had to make
brownies for the fall festival.. that got cancelled:( but then we took off and
went to the church and went and cleaned the font and started to fill it and
then went and worked on the program and the printer is so dumb and it took
forever and we only got 5 printed and then guess what happened... the power
went out from the storm!!!! So thats how that went.. But then Diane showed up
and the baptismal service went Good, it was just in the dark and we had to hold
flash lights for the the font haha but we made it work!! But wow i just gotta
say that when Diane came out of the water she had the biggest smile on her face
and it made my heart so so so happy!! Because she is so happy 💛 after the
service she came and gave us big hugs and thanked us for helping her find true
happiness and shes never felt this before. After that we were supposed to have
the fall festival but that got cancelled so that was a bummer :( but we then
went and typed our testimonies to put in the quad to give to Diane and then we
came home and ate dinner and then just called lots of people to set up lots of appointments!
So that was our day! It was such a long, crazy, exhausting day but wow such a
good one that I'll never forget💛 love you guys!!
Sunday: real quick, Diane got confirmed that
was awesome! She s so happy!! And then we had a rough lesson with Todd but a
solid lesson with Alex!!
Love you guys 💗
October 29, 2018
Lets just start with, this week was
something! Everything from eating seafood, to chocking and Sister Ussery doing
the Heimlich to save me, to Diane getting baptized in the dark.. All
in all fantastic week!!
DIANE: Man i love her so much! We had an
incredible week with her, it all started with setting up a family history
account so she is on her way to getting family history work done and we are
preparing to go to the temple with her this Wednesday! Saturday was a very
special day for her, little crazy for us. We were printing out her program and
all of a sudden it went pitch black, needless to say the power went out!! There
was really big storm which cause the power to go out which resulted in a
baptism in the dark! Luckily we all had flashlights on our phones to light up
the font to make sure she went all the way under the water;) But wow as soon as
she came up, she had the biggest smile on her face and was so happy. It brought
so much happiness into my heart knowing that she is making our Father in heaven
so proud. i love her.
ALLEN: He is our most progressing friend
right now, we taught him the Word of Wisdom the other day and he admitted to
having a problem with it but is so willing to give it up just so he can follow
Jesus Christ, its incredible how far he has came! He is still progressing
towards baptism on Dec. 8!
EVENTS OF THE WEEK:
-So this week i had the privilege to go on
exchanges! I was in Rhode island and a member took us out to lunch, Sister
Guzman ordered fish and i said, "I promised my parents that i would eat
fish while i was on my mission" So she forced me into trying it. For those
of you who don't know, I DO NOT LIKE SEAFOOD!! but i gave it a try and guess
what.... It actually wasn't too bad, a little fish and chips never hurt no
body;)
-Just a little thing, we had dinner with some
members this week and Brother Askwith reminded me of my grandpa Smoot and it
made my heart so happy. i love grandpa Smoot and it just made me realize how
much i miss him and his warm smile and his open arms. Most importantly it made
me realize how grateful i am for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, to
know that one day i will be able to see all my loved ones again. With that
being said, No one take your time for granted with your loved ones because you
never know when it can be your last.
SPIRITUAL THOUGHT:
"If you read the Book Of Mormon every day,
you will change. That is because you are inviting the Savior to change
you."
I love the Book of Mormon and have loved that
as i have read it, my relationship with the Savior continues to grow, which
allows him to make me a better person. Let it do the same for you!!
i love you all.
keep on keepin on.
XOXO. Sista Smoot
No comments:
Post a Comment