September 3, 2018
Tuesday: what a day! Today sister proenca
woke up with a migraine so she laid in bed till about 10 and I just looked at
pictures and reminisced on life for a little bit haha and Then did extra
studies! Then we went to Holyoke, shalamaar bailed on us, we knocked doors and
it was so hot we are in a heat warning right now and yesterday it was about 97°
it was so hot so you would think people would let us in to cool off but nope
haha! One guy did invite us to come back but he wants his whole family to be
there so that's a good sign! We are meeting next week with him! We had a lesson
with Julian tonight!!! He's the guy that we met in the church parking lot, and
the lesson went so good. After we taught everything he just said I believe everything
and I know this is the truth. It all makes sense that Joseph Smith brought it
back and it was really cool to see it click for him!! I invited him go be
baptized and he said yes!! So we haven't set a date yet but we will next time
we meet with him which he wants to this week! During the lesson he said,
"I know there are really life angels and they are sitting right across
from me" anyway solid guy and I'm pumped for him! Love you guys!
Wednesday: to start off, mom you always say
be honest with you so you know what to pray for, this is what we need! We are
so tired in the morning, we didn't get out of bed till 8 this morning!!!! Our
alarms went off and neither of us were aware of it and fell back asleep... so
please pray that we will be given the strength and energy to get up on time so
we can continue to be obedient!! Haha Anyway then we went to Pam's house (the
lady with the word patience) and taught her the plan of salvation and it went
really good. We then commited her to come to church and she is going to get a
church tour. She is thee nicest and kindest lady!! Well then we did studies in
the car and then tracted the rest of the day! We counted how many doors we
knocked today.... 117!!!! Guess how many of then let us in? One!!! When this
lady opened the door she said "I'm a mormon!" Needless to say we got
to know her and she has been inactive for a while and they are currently living
in Agawam why there house gets rebuilt from a fire. It was a miracle we ran
into her!! Her and her husband are going to try and come to church Sunday and
she is having us over for dinner on Wednesday! Super excited (: shes a nice
lady!! We knocked so many doors today and it got up to 105° is what someone told
us h ahah well then we had a lesson with Lou and Carlos tonight and it went
really good! They both commited to come to church as long as Carlos can get
permission because he is on house arrest. So we are very hopeful for them!! On
top of that we set up a church tour with Julian tomorrow morning! So all the
hard work today has paid off!! Haha I'm so tired and i love it! Boutta hit the
hay! Love you!! We just got a text from that less active lady and they lost
everything in the fire so she said they didn't have clothes for church but she
just text us and said, "We will see you at church Sunday! We just
came from the mall and picked up a new suit for Jim. I guess you two stopping
by today was no accident t at all!" HOW COOL!! MIRACLE!!
Thursday: nothing much happened today! We
woke up (on time;)) and went to the church and gave a church tour to Julian, it
went super good! He's such a solid and nice guy! Then since we had no miles we
stayed at the church all day and did all our studies....3 hours later... Haha
and weekly planned then we went to dinner and got back to the church after
dinner finished weekly planning and then had correlation with the ward mission
leader! So nothing too big happened today but it was still a good day! Love you
guys so much❤
Friday: today we got up, played some
football, got ready and did studies. I have reslly been beating myself up
lately cause I don't feel like I'm improving and I haven't been able to
understand the Isaiah chapters in the Book of Mormon so the last 20 minutes of
personal study I just went into the room and prayed/cried and let it all out.
I've started doing this thing where after I go pray and seek for answers to my
questions I have a "revelation journal" and I write down all my
thoughts. Yesterday the first thing that popped into my head was "doubt
not fear not" It then hit me that I've only been a missionary for 3
months..im Not gonna be perfect and it's gonna come with time. The last thing I
wrote was "live in the now and serve with all your heart might mind and
strength, the Lord will bless you, your worries will go away, your dreams will
come true, and god will not let you down." It was a really neat experience
although I didn't get a specific answer on how to become better I did in
district meeting!! SOOOO COOL!! it was all about the Book of Mormon and one
elder said "as we strengthen our testimony in the BOM our confidence will
grow." So my goal is to reslly just start studying the Book of Mormon a
lot harder! Then we just went about our day and went tracting. This cute old
guy was standing outside and said, "are you goin to get married?!" We
laughed and went and talked to him he gave us a hug and kissed our head and
told us we were beautiful. He then got called inside by his daughter and before
he walked away he said, "my wife has cancer and is very sick, we've been
married 60 years and I don't wanna lose her" he then started crying and
walked away:( it broke our heart. We had dinner with a member and it was my fav
meal, bbq chicken!!! In the middle of talking she looked over at her husband
and he went into reaction from low blood sugar and his eyes started rolling
back and it was scary but she helped him and he was okay. Anyway pretty good
day for sista Smoot! Love you guys more than you know!
Saturday: today was such a good day full of
so many miraclez!!! First started off with my studies today were I focused just
on the BOM and I understood it all!! Then we went out to go stop by some people
we are "teaching" and the GPS took us a different way, as we were
driving I saw an old lady on the side of the road with her walker and
groceries. She looked like she was struggling so I told sister proenca to pull
over so she did. We went and asked if we could help and she said oh my yes
please I'm trying to get home and I just can't do it. So we helped her all the
way home and put her groceries away, then said a prayer with her. She was such
a nice lady and we are going to meet with her next week! I love missions
because we just get to help and sever others 24/7!! After that we ended up
dropping 4 people we were teaching and then we went and stoped by a member
referral her name is Mary and she is in the nursing home:( she was so happy to
see us and we shared the whole restroation with her. She really wants to learn
more so we are meeting with her next week as well! We then went and helped some
members move out and cleaned the place up, service is the best!! Tonight for
dinner we went to subway and the worker was so cool!! He asked what church we
belonged to, We explained and then he asked if he could come to church!!
MIRACLE!! So he's planning on coming to church tomorrow we are excited(:
tonight we stoped by another member referal her name is dorthy and she is very
lonely, her husband passed away about a year ago and we were able to talk to
her and she was so kind, we are meeting with her next week again, I'm excited!
Such a great day full of so many miracles!! The church is true and it truly can
bring so much happiness into our lives ❤ I love you guys!!
Sunday: TODAY WAS THE BEST SUNDAY EVER!!! Wow
some days you just get to the end of the day and feel so blessed, of course
that's every night but tonight is something extra. All week we have been
praying that testimony meeting would be good, needless to say best testimony
meeting I've ever been in. The spirit was so strong and the testimonies were
all so powerful!! We even had 4 friends there! Amy, Michael, Lou (Carlos didn't
make it, his hour arrest bracelet started going off), and then Julian! And
Julian looked at us and said "I wanna hear your testimonies" so we
had to go up there!! When I got up there the spirit just spoke right through
me, it was so powerful and although I know my testimony is simple it's enough.
Julian loved church!! He said it's what he's been looking for and he felt
something different! Then tonight we went to a bbq with some ward members and
it was so much fun!!!! I was in heaven, literally I sat there for almost and
hour and talked to the guys about trucks/cars and dirtbikes and all of them agreed
that they knew I was a Utah country girl by the way I talked hahah but geepers
it just made me appreciate the girl I've been able to become!! (Thanks elder
norman;)) but then brother yates took us for a drive in his rs5 Audi and that
car is so clean and quick!!! We are some good food, played some bad Minton and
just chatted! Such a fun time and you need times like this as a missionary!! I
love this ward already and it's crazy how my love grows more and more each
week!! Tonight as we were tracting we talked to a lady, Jessica and she wants
to learn more so we are meeting with her this week! We are seeing miracles left
and right, it's so crazy!!!!
Anyway I'm sorry this is so long but I know
mom loves the details (; this week was so good and full of so many miracles! I
love this work, I love being a missionary and most importantly I love
representing Jesus Christ. Thanks for all the love and support you guys give
me!! I love you and miss you tons❤
Xoxo. Sista Smoot
September 3, 2018
When the weeks feel like they can't get any
better they somehow do! This week we saw so many miracles!! I dont even know
where to begin!
-Julian: he's the guy we ran into in the
church parking lot, we were able to meet with him Tuesday and invited him to be
baptized and he accepted! We also gave him a church tour this weekend and he
came to church!! He is such a nice guy and just says that it all makes sense
and he believes it all!! Heavenly father has been preparing him!!
-tuesday we knocked 117 doors and only one
person let us in but this was such a miracle!! We knocked on this ladies door
and she told us she was Mormon!! Needless to say her and her husband recently
moved and they haven't gone to church for a couple of years, we invited them to
come to church and they even went and bought Jim a new suit, shes been reading
her scriptures everyday, and she just knows that it's not a coincidence we
knocked on her door. She is such a nice lady and I'm excited to start getting
them back at church! Heavenly father is in the details of our lives!!
- we were able to have solid lessons with
Pam, Lou, and Carlos this week and they are all so amazing, I just have come to
love the people we come in contact with and feel so blessed to be teaching the
people we are teaching!
- we were going to stop by a few people and
as we were driving I saw this old lady with a walker and groceries on the
sidewalk, she looked like she was strugglin.. so I told sister proenca to pull
over so she did. We went and asked if she needed any help and she said yes! We
walked her all the way home, went and put her groceries away and then set up a
time to come and teach her! I just love seeing the perfect timing of the Lord.
We drove past her at the right time in the right place and she was in need of
help, best part of missions is we are constantly helping others and putting a
smile on other people's faces!
Okay so many more miraclez happened this week
but I'll leave it at that! Yesterday in sacrament I had an impression that I
needed to share my testimony on my group email so I just wanted to share a
little bit.. I know without a doubt that this is the true church and i
know that Joseph Smith was called by God to restore the truth and fullness of
this gospel, and that with the help of god he was able to translate the Book of
Mormon, and as we continue to read the book daily we will be blessed beyond
measures. We will be able to feel the love that God has for each and everyone
of us. I know that Jesus is the Christ and I know that he is the savior and
reedemer of the world. I know that he carried all our sins, pains, and
afflictions so that we don't have to. And that as we rely on the savior and his
atonement we can become clean of any mistakes we make. I know that heavenly
father has a perfect plan for each of us and we chose to accept that plan, and
that as we choose to follow Christ and his teachings and have faith we will be
given the strength to over come anything. I know that this gospel can bring
happiness into everyone's life as we do the things we are asked to do. I love
my savior and im so grateful that because of him I can return to live with my
heavenly father again someday.
I love this work, I love being a missionary,
but most importantly.. I love being a represantive of Jesus Christ. I love each
and everyone one of you and I know that God does too❤ I hope you
all have a fantastic week and remember that you are all children of God!! Keep
on keepin on!!! 🤠😊
Xoxo. Sista Smoot
P.S. sorry this email is so serious, I
promise im having fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment